Paola

How long have you been....

3 years :D

It doen't seem that long since we got the first Omlet girls :shock:

I browsed for a while before joining, but I have been here most days since and I too have learnt loads. I have also improved my typing skills, and put on weight by sitting here typing too much and being inspired to bake through the ATN section and having loads of eggs to use. I may be inspired to lose it too though.

It is a great place to share stuff with like minded people. :D

Nearly two years, I joined on October 17th 2008. I'd lurked for a bit beforehand. I've been a member on a totally different forum for eight years now and have only made 147 posts there, I like to think there is quality over quantity on what I've had to say there :lol: Here I've just rambled on a bit :lol:

I discovered the forum around Christmas 2008 when my husband had the 'flu and I was bored and lonely (no TV in this house!) so I spent practically every waking minute on the internet for about 4 straight days. Not quite true - I knitted a scarf and a pair of gloves as well! I must have lurked for a bit without posting, as I see my posts say I joined on 1st Jan 2009.

Kirstine

Two and a bit years for me too. It's strange though looking at this thread as there are people on here that I thought had been on here far longer than me. I suppose you just get used to seeing peoples' names and think that they have been there forever.

Mind you I still think of myself as the new girl at work and I have been there for fifteen and a half years now so maybe I am not a very reliable counter of years! :roll: