:shock: Very pretty (I love the 'straw painted' interior!) but I'm not sure why they say it's red mite proof, if it's made from birch plywood. I don't quite understand the plastic cover, either - do you just put that over at night? I'd have thought it would get a bit sweaty under that!

It wouldn't fit in my WIR very easily, I'll be sticking with the Eglu!

WOW! That's very..umm...quaint, it looks like something my daughter would like to put all her Sylvanian Familes in....I'm not sure the chooks would care about how pretty it is. But would look cutesy in the garden if you cared about that kind of thing. It's also quite high maintenance...and big bucks!

Well it is adorable. It's sort of up there with the chicken gypsy caravan, which should I win the lottery, is deffo on my shopping list. But I'm not sure I'd spend that much money unless I was feeling totally profligate. And it looks a lot harder to clean out. Might work better in a whimsical garden than the eglu, but not in an urban garden, you'd feel like a twit!

And here's a picture of the caravan so we can all sigh wistfully.

daydream_400_c.jpg

2 1/2 chickens??? Top or bottom half :lol: Got to say don't like them. Hard to clean, looks like kids gone mad with the paint( mine will do that for free). And what a price. Although love the caravan. I've only got two girls at the moment and am dreaming and saving for a cube. Omlet all the way for me :D

I love that caravan, but can't help feeling you'd also need an orchard to stand it in! :lol:

ooh! I've got 4 apples trees, 2 manky pears and some plums ( not fruiting yet). May I be posh and call that an orchard?? :mrgreen: .....then I'll save up a squillion pennies for the caravan....or perhaps I'll stick with the pink pod! (pink eglu)

I love that caravan, but can't help feeling you'd also need an orchard to stand it in! :lol:

ooh! I've got 4 apples trees, 2 manky pears and some plums ( not fruiting yet). May I be posh and call that an orchard?? :mrgreen: .....then I'll save up a squillion pennies for the caravan....or perhaps I'll stick with the pink pod! (pink eglu)

Apparently the official definition of an orchard is five or more trees, so you're WELL in there, now you'll have to have a caravan to put in it! :D

I think it's lovely but it does remind me of a slot together dollshouse!!! I think if I put this in the garden I wouldn't want the hens pooping in it - and I'd struggle to keep my youngest child out of it. Very sweet but not particularly practical IMO. And all that print - I wonder if it'd drive them a bit barmy, how would they cope with photos of straw everywhere but no real straw, maybe a bit too trippy even for my batty lunes.

Aaaah the gypsy caravan :drool: - I've been drooling over that for months - but again, if it ever came into being, I'd never keep the children out of it - it's just the most perfect playhouse...

Don't want to generalise but is drooling over hen houses a sign of middle-age these days? Speaking just for myself of course. I always said that I wouldn't feel 'grown up' until I had a dog, well, she came last year and now there's chickens... A slippery slope maybe?

I hope so :lol:

I will be interested if anyone can find some reviews from those who have owned one(Doodlehouse not caravan). She says its been out for a year. :? Not going to buy one but it fascinates me. Does the plywood swell and mite get in and is the inside waterproof? etc., :D

I think it looks really 8)

Like the patterns + stuff, bit novelty. Its a clever idea but can imagine the wood swelling, unless its all sealed :think: and would it not get a lot of condensation like laminated wooden furniature tends to do...

But you wouldn't use the cover there's no ventilation. It must be for storage.

Wouldn't you take it apart + leave it flat to store? :think:

I don't like it......love the caravan though, when i have 3 grand to spare i could buy one.

The doodle , i can't see it being mite proof...if some cube owners have suffered the dreaded

mite, then wood of any sort will do more so. Fox proof ? it looks like a strong puff of wind and

it will fall over, never mind a fox on the hunt.

I will stick with my cube

Definite no from me. If the coating got scratched or chipped, moisture would get in and it would start to bubble and swell.

I'd much rather invest in something bombproof and scrubable like my Eglus.

I really like the look of wooden coops, but when we sat down and discussed the pros and cons - from our and the chickens' point of view, there was no contest - it had to be Eglu. (And he HATES all things plastic in gardens).

I'm guessing the answer to the last question ('is it weatherproof') is no, otherwise why would they offer the all-weather cover? :? It looks horribly reminiscent of the pak-a-mak my mother used to try and make me wear!

pac-a-macs...... :silenced: There isn't a chappy for a dry heave is there?...I have just broken out in gooseflesh...I hate them...I cannot wear a waterproof....the noise , the feeling....I'm sure its a reaction against all family holidays spent in tents up Snowdon or in the New Forest in the driving rain....I'm off to have a cup of Lady Gray now....and book my therapy...I can just about wear wellies, as long as I have ski socks on..and can't feel them....ugh!