Lesley

Swine Flu - please pray....Good News!

L's husband left this message yesterday........

Hello everyone. XX here. L is doing well and proving how strong she is thanks to all your help, support and best wishes. Please could I just ask if you could all just keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I am certain She knows you are all thinking of her. Thanks so much

She is still unconcious and on life support and dialysis but it sounds as if she's fighting hard.

There seems to be a slight improvement - here's hoping for a really good New Year for them.

Thanks again for all your best wishes. L continues to improve with small steps forward each day. Whilst the road ahead continues to be long and rocky each improvement has to make us more optimistic. They say patience is a virtue and I'm afraid we are all going to have to be exceptionally virtuous! Just keep her in your thoughts and please do everything you can to make 2011 a good one because as we are being shown you don't know what's around the next corner! N

Another update.......my daughter spoke to N tonight.

L was slightly better at the weekend, her sedation was reduced and she was able to speak a little. Unfortunately on Sunday she succumbed to pneumonia again and is very poorly. Her cardio-vascular system has been affected by the virus and doctors just don't know what to expect, they are using experimental drugs.

N was told that surviving Monday would be helpful - which she has - but anything could happen at any time and the family have been told to prepare for the worst again.

Please continue to hold L in your thoughts :)

still thinking of her, my sis got home for Christmas, this virus is truely horrible, she had bacterial endocarditis with flu a few weeks ago, but now Docs think she has some sort of auto immune disorder. She is so poorly, fingers crossed & prayers for everyone :(

Hope everyone gets better soon.

Was chatting to daughter's friend who's mum was taken into hospital with swine flu and pneumonia last week. She's improved, but the daughter couldn't be more negative as she said it was her own fault because she shouldn't smoke. Oh dear - not much to say after that apart from hope she continues to improve. :shock: My mum has been going on about it as we all had the lurgy recently (I reckon it's just a bad cold with an attitude so ignore my mum as she tends to like doom and gloom) and when I googled the areas only Southampton showed up as confirmed outbreak. This case was in Andover and wasn't shown at all. :think:

Thank you all.

Our whole village has had the 'bad cold with attitude' (great description!) - at the end of term only half the children were in school, and when they went back yesterday they only had the other half!

Thinking of your sister as well Tiggy, that's so worrying, I hope she soon improves.

I think Leicester was a hotspot for Swine Flu a week or so ago Valkyrie so I don't know why you only got Southampton :?