Lesley

Swine Flu - please pray....Good News!

Still in my thoughts, hoping she's better soon.

My mum's best friend's nephew died of swine flu just after Christmas (actually had a heart attack, but was in hospital with swine flu) and he was only 48, with no known underlying health problems. It's frightening how it can take hold.

I have had the flu jab due to my immune system being compromised with my arthritis medication and I tried to get my brother to go and have the flu jab done and pay for it if need be, as this has really frightened me, when ordinarily healthy people are dying from it.

Still in my thoughts, hoping she's better soon.

My mum's best friend's nephew died of swine flu just after Christmas (actually had a heart attack, but was in hospital with swine flu) and he was only 48, with no known underlying health problems. It's frightening how it can take hold.

I have had the flu jab due to my immune system being compromised with my arthritis medication and I tried to get my brother to go and have the flu jab done and pay for it if need be, as this has really frightened me, when ordinarily healthy people are dying from it.

That's so sad :( I wondered about my YD having the jab as she is on the same meds as you.

Lesley; I keep hoping for good news. Sounds like L is a fighter and I really hope for the best for all of you :pray:

Sorry to hear your news as well Omletina :( - it's frightening how quickly it is affecting otherwise healthy people.

Slightly better news from L's husband this morning - she's really fighting this.....

Well here we still are. 18 days in intensive care and L is still proving daily how strong she is despite everything that is being thrown at her. It's amazing to see all those (names removed - Lesley) genes in action! Unfortunately she now has pneumonia which is causing problems and has meant she has had to be resedated but the good news is that she is now off the dialysis machine and her kidneys seem to be starting to work again. We really are in for a long haul and thank you so much for all your kind wishes which I endeavour to make sure I pass on to her. Please keep everything crossed for her. N

I was pleased to receive this hopeful message - I've had two more lots of bad news since Christmas now, my best friend from school's husband was killed in a road accident and my uncle in America is terminally ill and in hospital :( I've had enough of this year already :?

I thought you might like a further update......

Thanks again to everybody for all of your kind thoughts.

L is still in intensive care and still has a long way to go but hopefully we are now on the road to recovery. She is no longer on the dialysis machine, her reliance on the ventilator is slowly decreasing and her sedation has decreased considerably. The pneumonia is still there but showing signs of being beaten by the antibiotics and she has another different chest infection but this, I am reliably told, is what intensive care is like! She continues to do an amazing job, I am so incredibly proud of her and all of the medical staff are astounded by her strength, tenacity and resilience.

We aren't out of the woods yet but I think/hope/pray that through all those trees we are beginning to see beautiful green fields and open countryside. N

So pleased that it's slightly better news each time.