Dodge

My poor girls.......

Just got home and looking forward to the weekend when I am confronted by my DW in floods of tears.

A large fox has broken into our back garden when my girls were out and he has killed all 3 of them.

They must have been terrified as there are feathers everywhere and it is all our fault.

The girls have free ranged in our back garden for over 2 years with no problems at all.

But this big fox just jumped over our 6 foot fence into next doors garden as easy as could be.

Even having 2 dogs in and out of the garden barking away does not deter him from coming back.

DW bagged up each of them in a bin liner and placed them in the cube run and closed the door.

The next thing she sees the fox is back and has somehow got its paw through the gaps in the door and has shredded one of the bags.

I have now got to go and clean up the mess and dispose of my poor girls.

We took for granted that our girls were safe and now we have paid the price.....

Thank you all for your kind comments, I have just had dinner and whislt clearing up afterwards

without any thought I had put my leftover greens to one side for my girls breakfast :(:(

It's going to be hard to put this behind us and move on.

Dodge, so sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience back in October, where I had left my electric fence off and gone out for the evening and returned to carnage. But, with lots of support from this forum and it's taken me a while to get over it, I now have three new girls who are giving me pleasure and have a happy life in a bigger run, with supervised FR only. When you feel strong enough, get some more and try not to blame yourself

Jules