patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Just how much noise would I have to make to get OH and YS to offer to help me get all the boxes for the tree & decorations down from the attic and put loads of stuff up there too :evil: ?

I think they filter out certain things that may require their involvement :lol: I can shout and shout in my house about food being ready or needing help with something and no-one hears but if I am offering YS money etc he could hear me if I whispered :lol: Hope the decorations are up now :D I went out yesterday and cut a lot of foliage to make an arrangement for the table...I got a bit carried away...it is the size of a small shrub and takes up a third of the dining room table...think I will need to downsize :lol:

Just read on BBC news website about 'joyriders' who drove through field of sheep, killing and maiming pregnant ewes. I find it so hard to comprehend, the cruelty to animals that I can't even compose a sentence. Just so horrible. I was reading earlier about rescue dog from Afghanistan, check out Nowzad, poor creatures. What's wrong with some people?

Some people are just stupid. They don't realise that if a pregnant ewe falls over she can't get up.

They may have been drunk too. I'm not defending this behaviour. Just trying to understand why some people can be so cruel.

There have been other cases of animal cruelty that I know of. That simply couldn't be accidents or stupidity. :(

ES came back from Uni yesterday.

He went out last night.

He's not home yet :roll: . Funny how you don't worry when they're away from home and potentially doing the same :? .

I know what a horrible feeling that is. In the past I have woken up at 6am to find YS not returned and phone off...he had fallen asleep at friends house. I am sure ES will be fine but I know as a mum you just cannot help worrying :? As you say this will be what usually happens when he is away. Hope he is in contact soon.

Eeek! I remember what I used to be like as a teenager / student but I know I'll worry like mad when my two are old enough to go out.... :anxious:

Finally started putting up the Christmas decorations yesterday and finished hanging the cards up today. So, finally we are festive!! 8)

ANH, I still nag my ES if he doesn't leave some sort of message even though he was a soldier all those years. I say the least I expect is a smiley and that's what I get. That's enough for me.

DD is going on a pub crawl tonight but I'm not worried, its a pub quiz crawl and she's their secret weapon so its in the team's interest to look after her and besides, she's going dressed as a reindeer so I know she'll be warm and cosy!

Yay, I'm on holiday till 10th Jan :D:clap::dance: .

Lovely ANH :)

DS has won a £10 vouchers for the local butcher in his works Christmas raffle :D

I have 2 sickies in the house, DD who has Asthma has a terrible cough and is on steroids to get her lungs functioning properly :( and OH has a terrible cold and cough. OH has cooked the Christmas meal for the last 22 years and now I might have to do it this year :shock::lol: