patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Glad you had a good day at Newbury, C :D

We're trialling some new Araucana hybrids at work that are green eggers!

The eggs are a really good green... I bought some home to show the parentals and convince them that we need one! :lol:

I saw those today, they look like red black araucanas crossed with black rock. Lewis proudly me the eggs - small, green eggs. I'm looking forward to getting my araucana bantam girl next month. Went on a walk with the dogs after that - Rosie fell in love with two rather neglected looking ponies that we saw.

I am very proud of YD age 19 two weeks into her first practical nursing placement she has coped with her first experience of death and what is expected of you as a nurse in this respect :( she has cleaned up every bodily fluid you can think of and is still as keen and happy that it is what she wants to do :)

News has just been released of the death of another soldier in Afghanistan. I think that is seven soldiers this month, it's a high number. It puts everything else into perspective.

One is too many :(

Everytime they announce the loss of another of our armed forces my heart and stomach sink at the thought of someone receiving that knock on the door :( " There for the grace of god go I "

My visitor from Germany hat neunzig huhner. Makes my three little ladies look a bit silly!

Keyhole Kate & Chickencam, I tell you what makes my stomach hurt. We still read the Telegraph and it's given far more space to the moaning of celebrities over the last few days than to the deaths of all these fine men. I rant about it a lot.

Nipped into M&S for a casual look today with no real intentions of buying any presents.

However, I ended up getting perfect presents for 6 nieces, 2 nephews and my father-in-law - all on 3 for 2 with an extra discount because their tills had a glitch they haven't been able to fix 8) .

£147 worth of presents for £83 8) . Just as well really, as I lost a day's pay today due to my school being closed :roll: .

Just had one of those calls from India telling me my PC is infected :roll: . I thought I'd just play along for a bit and act dumb but it got rather boring after a while so I hung up. He tried phoning again twice so I answered and told him it was a scam - he just wouldn't have it so I told him everyone in the UK knows it's a scam, that I know a lot about computers and that he was lying :roll: . Eventually he hung up - after huffily telling me I don't know anything about computers :lol: .