patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I applied for a job, thought I would at least get to the interview stage as I have a 2 years experience, I rang them up today (again) as I haven't heard anything, to be told the position has been filled. They didn't even have the courtesy to send me a quick email/phone call saying I was unsuccessful :evil:

I applied for a job, thought I would at least get to the interview stage as I have a 2 years experience, I rang them up today (again) as I haven't heard anything, to be told the position has been filled. They didn't even have the courtesy to send me a quick email/phone call saying I was unsuccessful :evil:

Had an interview at a little gift shop in town 3 months ago, still waiting to hear back from them!

At the end of the interview, the woman was saying how its bad when employers don't get back to the people as well!

Got a better job a few weeks later though so didn't bother chasing it up.

-----

Just saw paranormal activity 3, what a great film 8)

Saw the other 2 at home and thought they were rubbish, think the cinema atmosphere makes a big difference.

Agree it's really rude not to let people know, you invest so much in applying. Good luck with the next one Fred.

Saw an old bloke staggering around at petrol station and nearly got out to help the poor feller when he fell into his car and whizzed off into 2 lanes of fast traffic without paying :shock::shock:

My car has passed it's MOT :D:D

our 22 year old Volvo has failed hers :( new back exhaust box needed probably worth more than she is, but we still love her :lol::roll: She is worth her weight in transportation ability with an allotment and wood gleaning, not to mention all of the things that have been on the roof over the years , we must have saved a fortune in delivery costs :D

On a more positive note my nearly 5 year old Dyson was reapired free under guarantee this afternoon, a whole new motor 3 months within the guarantee period, I found the receipt and everything not that the engineer asked to see it :roll: but we were very happy :dance:

Took my daughter & her boyfriend out into Manchester last night to see a 'play'-loosely using that term! Was a comedy/horror written by someone my o/h has worked with. Was a pastiche of the Hammer Horror films that were around in the 1960s where there were several short stories in one film. Was very funny, and felt great to take them out doing something they definitely wouldn't normally have done! Highly recommended for anyone in the area up for some 'adult' rated comedy and only £5 a ticket!

Forgot to say it's called 'The house that stank of death'!

My Waitrose shopping arrived while I was out on Sunday. Driver wouldn't leave any of it as there were 2 bottles of wine in it and no one was over age. Thankfully YS nipped round to the neigbours who took the wine out, signed and then gave them back to the children when the driver had gone. Must remember not to order wine if I am likely to be late back for the shopping :lol:

Any pictures of your puppy?

Hope you are in bed already chickencam and reading this tomorrow, and feeling a lot better!

It's just the start of autumn/winter and there are quite a few people down with with one lergy or another already. :-(

Take care of yourselves people, and your loved ones.

Did anyone watch the programme about Trip Advisor tonight? I looked up the two places mentioned and thought that overall the reviews weren't too bad. If I was only looking at the reviews and knew nothing about the places I would look at the balance of good and bad reviews, and both places seemed to have more good reviews than bad.

Did the washing, making the bed i stubbed my toes and i think i've broken one it is swollen painful and very black, just another pain to add to my arthritis....can't make my toes any worse, and there isn't anything that can be done for broken toes so it will just be rest and taking things slowly.

Angie, that sounds nasty! Try applying witchhazel, it might help the bruising? Are you sure nothing can be done? It might be worth seeking medical advice anyway?

My sister recently had an op for arthritis on her big toe joint. It's taking a while for it to heal. Fingers crossed (or toes!) that it will be worth it. PM me if you want me to find out the details regarding her operation.

Feeling a little better today, so it obviously wasn't the very ripe blue cheese that I had eaten and then ate again last night because it was all I fancied with a crumpet, I only thought after I had eaten it that I had eaten some the night before and maybe that was what had made me queasy :roll:

DS came home with a lovely tale about a boy at his school who was very poorly at school yesterday. There are loads of bugs around at the moment and I always insist that my brood give their hands a good wash as soon as they get in from school. :vom:

Just got 29 out of 32 on my Assessed Stats quiz :)

Major drama in our Uni house :roll: ...

Basically one flatmate got woken up at 2am last week and has been angry all week, not spoke to anyone.

He's a 2nd Lieutenant in the army so got about 30 of his army friends round Tues night to trash our house. They threw food and glass (mayo, eggs, milk, ketchup) + washing up liquid all over the kitchen, smashed up a bookcase and a clothes horse + stole a couple bra's.

The girls were all crying so we just called the police. Basically they can't arrest and he's got away with it. Said he'd replace everything and the toaster that they broke ... still hasn't.

We're all having a meeting about it tonight and if he hasn't sorted it we'll go to his officers at the OTC... They came round to the house, asked us "not to go big" with it 'cos they don't want the paperwork ... trying to cover their own backs?