patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I had my first bath yesterday for 5 months!

[snip]

(NB - I do normally shower each day, I haven't just not washed for 5 months...)

When I was 14 I didn't have a bath or shower for 6 months. :vom:

I had an operation on my back and was in a plaster cast (chin to groin) for 6 months... well, they did change it half way through. I washed the bits I could reach but couldn't reach everything.

The "annoying" thing was that a few years ago I watched one of these medical programmes where a girl had a similar operation to mine. She was allowed to sit up the same day and was given a back brace "in case she needed it". I was flat on my back for 2 weeks then in plaster for 6 months. :boohoo:

PJ

Any twitter users - I quite like this @SunsetReminder. He has an app which is a funny little alarm when it's sunset. He discovered me because I tweeted about forgetting to lock the ladies away, they're in a WIR so no real drama, but :oops:

It's just fun, I've set it to play Old MacDonald's Farm at sunset.

YS washed his ipod touch some months ago (thread here)He bought a new (secondhand one) and has been really careful with it. We bought him a waterproof ipod case which he has been using whenever anywhere near water. However...tonight it fell into the bath, no worries he thought...sadly, the case has let water in and the ipod is ruined :twisted: I have emailed the company and would hope that they honor their guarantee by providing a new ipod touch. I wont hold my breath though.

YS washed his ipod touch some months ago (thread here)He bought a new (secondhand one) and has been really careful with it. We bought him a waterproof ipod case which he has been using whenever anywhere near water. However...tonight it fell into the bath, no worries he thought...sadly, the case has let water in and the ipod is ruined :twisted: I have emailed the company and would hope that they honor their guarantee by providing a new ipod touch. I wont hold my breath though.

If it was bath water (not salt water or anything), the iPod may still survive, don't try to turn it on, leave it in a warm place and forget about it for a week or 2, see if it works after that.

It's sitting in a bag of rice at the moment Fred. The case has been sent off for 'testing' :roll: I spoke to Trading Standards who confirm my opinion that the ipod and case should both be replaced. If they try the 'misuse of the case' trick I was told a few things that should ensure they replace them.

Hey, they must be doing lots of checking and must have made loads of mistakes as I am due a cheque too. I also have a long lost relative that has recently died in Japan. Luck would have it that I am their only relative and they were a multi millionaire. Looks like I am really in the money :lol:

Woman in the paper today has a morris minor traveller & a labradoodle. She is the only woman I have felt envious of in a long time.

Also, went to Snowshill Manor again today. I love it there. Charles Wade's collection of what appears to everything is amazing and anyone who loves Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings will love the priest's house. Is it a Hobbit Hole or the Burrow?

Hey, they must be doing lots of checking and must have made loads of mistakes as I am due a cheque too. I also have a long lost relative that has recently died in Japan. Luck would have it that I am their only relative and they were a multi millionaire. Looks like I am really in the money :lol:

We will all be sending you begging pms :lol::lol::lol:

Anxious day as ES is driving down the motorway with his little brother for the first time solo :anxious: I still find it weird that they can pass a test without ever going on a motorway. I have taken him on it to get some experience and confidence but it is still a worry. I keep telling myself it is just a long straight road :anxious: Can't wait for them to come home. :pray:

HMRC are actually being efficient for once, and have realised I have paid too much tax and are sending me a cheque in the post :D

Not from a guy with a Nigerian name by any chance........ :lol: