patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

OH had his first day off from doing 12 hour shifts non-stop since the riots 11 days ago. Thought we had a weekend together too but he's just been called back to work saturday. Fingers crossed he gets sunday off then it's back for another 7day stint. :(

I hope that he rests up and enjoys his day off, fingers crossed for Sunday.

I have just decided that cleaning is dangerous, I decided after managing to break the back of the ironing yesterday that i would give the house a good spring clean. The cobwebs were becoming a bit threatening, I was cleaning around our bedroom window when one of my hens made a potential egg announcment. They have been egg eating therefore I like to grab them when I can, I closed the window and trapped the end of my thumb in the hinge side, not quite sure how. There was no egg only an arguement about nest space, so it was an ice pack for me and some stern words for the birds. :x

We picked up our (new to us) car on Saturday....I'd thought ooh..we can go on a bit of a run to somewhere nice, and OH had agreed...so we set off and I asked where we were going....The Hindhead Tunnel...well whoop-di-dooo :roll: I did make him buy me tea and cake on the way home though :D

Just watched 'Seven wonders of the Buddhist World'. I learnt about something that I knew very little about and the historian Bettany Hughes was brilliant. If you can, try & watch it. I know what karma, dharma & nirvana actually mean, not what I thought they meant.

Thank you, DH has just started this on iPlayer on the TV. He said "Here's your iPlayer remote"... eh? :?:? Then he handed me the Wii remote. Is he trying to tell me I use my Wii more for watching TV than exercising? Surely not...!

(You can get iPlayer as a free download onto the Wii! Yippee!)

My Foxwatch hasn't been working for a while but I didn't do anything about it. The foxes have started being a nuisance so I took it apart to put in a new battery and it was full of slugs and worms. Apart from being disgusting I can't think how they got in. Chickens had a fine lunch & the Foxwatch works again

No I didn't get photos, next time though. I don't think they were farabellas. She just called them miniature horses. One was a youngster and quite stubborn. I found myself grinning most of the time, they are so comical. They are quite portly so she needs to walk them more often to get some weight off them and also needs to restrict their access to too much lush grass, which sadly in turn restricts the amount of space they have to run around. Their build is not at all like that of a shetland, they are really tiny horses. Very friendly and full of character.