patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I'm losing sleep over that quandary :?

Why are hidden pipes leaking and water turned off so I can't flush the toilet, wash my hands (don't tell the cats I pinched some water from their bowl). and how am I going to clean their tray and water the chooks grrrrrrrrr.

Oh no talking about water I need another peee :roll:

First day of my summer hols and I'm grounded, waiting for a new bed to be delivered :dance: When I bought it, I was told I'd be allocated morning or afternoon - they rang to say MORNING... between 7am and 1pm but they'd ring an hour before they're due.

Then it struck me last night that I could have a phone call at 6am :shock::shock::shock: I didn't (good job too 'cos I was out for the count :lol: ) but I pity the person who did! Rightio, better get ready for my day and start dismantling the old bed (in such a state, it might just dismantle itself if I sit on it :lol:)

Have a good day everyone!

went down to Dungeness for the afternoon with the kids and the dog yesterday - hot and grey. We fell into walking along with a rather nice, hippy-chick style lady (long floaty white robe, harem pants, lots of beads). anyway we showed her how to get to the beach itself, and wandered off. I looked back - to see her doing her yoga exercises while facing the sea and becoming one with nature. It was all rather lovely - except that about 30ft behind her was a family with 4 little kids who were all imitating her! :lol: luckily she didnt notice...

a family with 4 little kids who were all imitating her! :lol:

:lol::D

My new bed arrived at lunchtime. Double headboard, double footboard but kingsize rails and slats (too long, too wide :wall: ). Rang the company, told to refuse the delivery and they'd call when they sort out their depot :wall: Now have to remake the old bed as my sister is coming to stay. Second thoughts, I might just leave the mattress on the floor instead :lol:

Did you know that if you stand on the beach, (on average) the horizon is 8 miles away?

I didn't know that. Is the average to do with whether there is a high wave passing or not or to do with your height? or if you stand on different beaches is the horizon different distances :? Now you've got me thinking1.gif

I've just read that article patsylabrador - what is wrong with these sick individuals? I don't get what causes people to act in such a cruel way. These stories seem to be reported so often, yet all the time we are being told our abbatoirs are humane, with vets present and regular inspections etc. I'm sure many abbatoirs do have high standards, but there are far too many where this kind of unacceptable behaviour goes on. I'm afraid this is just one of a long list of reasons why I am, and shall always remain, a vegetarian.

this is just one of a long list of reasons why I am, and shall always remain, a vegetarian.

Same here. Gordon Ramsey is my main reason though - I saw his pigs being sent for slaughter on a TV show in 2006 (I think) and haven't eaten meat since.

On a lighter note, DH was telling me something about someone having a rant at work... "Blah blah blah and his face was a picture and he opened his mouth and said "What have you bought from Omlet?"

I was mightily confused by this (didn't know his colleague kept chooks :? ), until I realised DH was looking out of the patio doors and had just that second noticed the rather large box that my new cube poo trays had arrived in this mornning :lol: He never did tell me what the bloke at work said :lol:

PS Thanks Omlet for the tons of shredded paper - I've been outside ever since making my paper bricks for the chiminea :lol: