patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Eldest was chosen for maths and science gifted and talented day on Friday for years 7 and 9 and her project of the day won. So she gets presented with a £10 voucher in the end of year assembly. Proud Mummy moment.

Youngest didn't dissappoint either she came home with a great report, she's got 4b's in reading and maths and she's the youngest year 4 in the school.... :D

:shock: not for the feint hearted well done them :D

My ED won a creative writing competition at school last week :D

My son completed his DofE bronze expeditition today, he is not the most sporty of boys, I am very proud only 2 blisters this time. :D

I have spent the day pressure washing chicken houses in a pointless war against red mite :x

Rosie has a Latin prize to collect next week - Wednesday night is award night 8)

Gave the hens and bunnies a really thorough fettling yesterday, finally got the extra extension on the cube run :oops: Popped into the local suppliers yesterday in the way to walk the dogs.. only went in for some supplies but ended up kitten cuddling.

Am going to creosote some coops :D I love the smell and I know I'll smell of it for days :lol:

mmm, I love creosote too!

am happy, very old friends are coming down for the w/e in a couple of weeks time. very old as in we've known them donkey's years, rather than very old as in age :lol: this does mean we will be spectacularly hungover tho.

Found my chickens have lice today, and we're going on holiday tomorrow!

Talk about bad timing. Got some advice from the forum and sprayed all the girls, hopefully they will be okay :pray:

Headphones found, sunglasses case found, chargers found and everything charging!! All ready now :dance:

oh and I've just realised, why is there a (brown eglu) ? Did they ever make a brown eglu?

Glad that you got them treated Sam, do them again when you get back and keep the housing powdered too.

The brown was 'guest colour' back in the days when they made some colours in limited numbers to see if they'd sell - lilac was another one. The brown Eglu just looked like a pile of poo :roll:

Not surprised the (brown eglu) didn't sell very well... :vom: Would have thought lilac would though.

Yes will definitely be more aware of the little bugs now, I always have to learn the hard way :oops:

Brother a bit miffed about having to throw the eggs away, he was looking forward to having his 4 egg omelette every day while I couldn't stop him :roll:

Very pleased to just read that Tesco have won their appeal against the councils decision to not give planning permission for them to build a store here in Faringdon. As much as I hate Tesco, I also hate having to drive ten miles to do my shopping!

2nd day of missing cat-he was in the back on monday morning-sitting in the sun, he's generally an indoor cat but goes in the back..

less than an hour laterwhen o/h got up there was no sign of him, but he thought he'd found a cosy corner and was asleep...not been seen since

the gate was locked from the inside-no scratches where it'd been climbed over..we've turned house upside down and still cant find him..

ivew printed posters and flyers at school, we have leafleted nearby houses and put posters in shops etc..rung RSPCA and local vets..

had 1 call from someone who thought they'd seen him-they went back and were calling him when we got there but there was no sign..(turned out to be an ex-pupil of mine and his mum and dad were desperate to help)

leafleting again this evening around the area where they thought they saw him-they got the leaflet from grandmas house which is on our street..

it's like he's just vanished and I dont know what to do, keep feelig I should have known there was something wrong-but he looked fine washing himself in the sun

god bless slinky,x

Very pleased to just read that Tesco have won their appeal against the councils decision to not give planning permission for them to build a store here in Faringdon. As much as I hate Tesco, I also hate having to drive ten miles to do my shopping!

I shop online Griffin and have never looked back..... best thing I ever did as I hate shopping, especially supermarkets.

I do sometimes shop online, I use either Sainsburys or Asda but if I want just a few fresh bits midweek it'll be nice to have the option of buying them locally rather than asking Mr Griffin to stop somewhere on his way home from work or having to endure the overpriced mouldy crud from Budgens.

3 snippets from me today.

Britisg Gas have announced a price hike, effective from mid-Aug. We were paying over the odds I think and Martin Lewis recommends reviewing to see if you can make huge savings. So I did and I have - about £150/yr over the price rises, fixed 'til next summer (not right for everyone, I know), plus I went through Quidco so am due £40 cashback too :dance: It took me hours to research it thoroughly - finding old bills was the hard part :lol: plus we've only been here 8 months so done my best to guesstimate our usage :shock:

Talking of money and moving house, DH's homebrew kit is out again... It always comes out soon after moving. He currently has a barrel of Belgian trappist beer and another of Mexican lager in the garage and very tasty they are too :lol:

My fussy, aging cat is off her food. Again. So I've just been to the supermarket to buy... cooked chicken wings from the deli counter (sorry girls), ham (sorry Babe), and Tuna. Talk about spoilt!

2nd day of missing cat

Oh no :( I hope you find him :pray:

tutti frutti - see if you can price fix! we missed a payment on our joint gas & elec (cash flow prob) and they got very hoity toity and wanted to almost double our monthly payment! so I phoned up and said I wasnt prepared to pay that much and would be changing supplier - and they reduced it to LESS than we were previously paying, fixed for 3 years. Result, I'd say.

Ok, so my crazy daughter is doing last minute outfit shopping for garden party. I wasn't allowed to go because I don't like fascinators. She's at the shops now sending me pictures & getting me to check images on store websites & having big discussions over the phone. I don't know where she gets that stubborness that later you regret from. :oops::oops:

Woke up early again today... aha! Just in time for the Next sale :D I got there at 5:05 - no queues, inside or out, so nowhere near as crazy as Xmas. Even so, I was staggered at how much the lady in front had crammed into SIX bags! I was very controlled and only bought 6 things. The sales girl told me when people buy shed loads, they tend to bring most of it back in a couple of days; it's just like they've been restocked so if you think you've missed out, try again on Monday ;)