patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Went on a lovely walk from Dedham along the river to Flatford Mill (The scene where Constable painted The Hay Wain) with my friend and her two dogs. Lovely day. Random thing though was seeing Michael Portillo filming for the BBCs Great British Railway Journeys near Willy Lotts house. He was wearing a particularly gross salmon coloured blazer. :?

Have been stood outside the front of our house clapping and cheering on walkers as they pass. We are at the 55.5 mile point of a total 85 mile race, to be completed in under 24 hours. It started in Douglas at 8am, the first walkers reached us from 5:15pm-ish.

I feel very wussy :anxious:

We have been for a walk and we saw the tiniest frogs hopping across the path-they were no bigger than my little finger nail. We had to be really careful to not stand on them as they were quite hard to spot, they seemed to be going both ways across the path, didnt seem to be any one way that they were all going in..very odd!

My son managed to time a trip to the barbers perfectly on Saturday, they had all closed. He was told by his head of year to 'get a haircut by Monday' it took them long enough to notice it is shoulder length :roll:

we had our own Battle of Britain Memorial flypast 3 times in 5 minutes yesterday. I don't know if they were just practicing or where they were on route too, but it was fabulous, so low over our house :D

Youngest daughter was sent home from school after vomiting in spectacular style. She's five and the weird thing with her is that most of the time when she pukes she gets no warning whatsoever, she's fine, she pukes, she's fine again :? So today she appeared normal in the dinner hall, puked all over the corridor enroute to returning her lunchbox to her class, then wanted to play outside :roll: There's a nasty pukey bug going around, loads of kids are off with it, so I'm wondering if she's got that. The school insists that "Ooops, word censored!"ody goes to school until 48 hours after they were last sick, her teacher is on strike on Thursday, so it looks as if she'll be at home with me until Friday :D

She seems perfectly normal but I'm being careful about what she eats just incase.....

Has had confirmed this evening what wonderful friends my ED has. They have been super supportive since she developed a condition called CRPS in her left heel first and now in her right ankle so can no longer walk (short term we hope). I had a call from one of the girls mum saying they wanted to nominate her to carry the Olympic torch when it goes through our city next year! I am so overwhelmed. I know there isn't a huge chance to actually get to do it, but to be thought of for nominations is wonderful. She knows nothing about this yet so I hope she sees it as a nice surprise.

I took delivery of a Egg Skelter today :D A cream one to match my kitchen :D I even took it out of the box to show the Parcel Force delivery man :lol: He is interested in Omlet products since he delivered my Cube last year.

I've had a super productive day today. Put a load of washing on and hung it out by 9.00 this morning. Took the pillows and cases off the bed and put them through the machine too, so they are now out on the line drying with the laundry. I got grossed out by an article I read in the Times last week which estimated that the weight of an average pillow is 1/3 dust mites (dead and live) and their droppings :vom: Hopefully they are nice and clean now - I'll be cleaning them regularly from now on!

Then mid morning my new vacuum cleaner arrived, as my previous one had a recurrent fault which I got fed up of the manufacturer trying to (unsuccessfully) fix. So that has been assembled and the downstairs and stairs hoovered.

Oh and in between all that, I have even managed to get some work done! (I work from home). What a boring, but satisfying day so far :D

Was wondering what thread to reply on as my first 'hello I'm back' and wanting to be involved in the forum kinda thing, without randomly appearing in someones post after so long, so here it is! Hello! And now I need to cycle off back down the plot to finish tackling a lovely muddle of couch grass! :roll:

Just had a call from UK Immigration :anxious: , the Spanish girl coming to stay with us hasn't got a letter from her family about the trip so they didn't know if her trip was legitimate. They are letting her through though, phew!

Just hope the Isle of Man Immigration people (if there are any :? ) are ok. I would have thought the school arranging the trip would have known the need for a covering letter :?

Welcome back, Chickpea *waves hello*