patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Just had a call from UK Immigration :anxious: , the Spanish girl coming to stay with us hasn't got a letter from her family about the trip so they didn't know if her trip was legitimate. They are letting her through though, phew!

Spain? EU? I thought we were all the same colour now?

Or is the IOM not in the EU? I'm confused

Just wanted to say how proud of my daughter I was this morning, purely on a very shallow basis. She went off early to queue for Wimbledon tickets (which she got after 3 hrs!) but I felt so proud of how fresh & pretty she looked I just wanted to say. She takes enormous care of her skin & body, she does cricket, footie & climbing, uses oodles of skin care products and doesn't wear a s"Ooops, word censored!" of make-up which suits her character. I wish I'd taken a photo but it was 6.30am. I will post a picture of her & my mum when they're dressed up for Buck Pal garden party though.

There you go, soppy mum bit over.

You're a soppy mum you are allowed soppy mum moments.

I had a very quick mum moment today. ES rang me from Vietnam, trouble was his internet connection was rubbish but managed to hear him say 'nothing wrong just ringing to say hello, talk on skype at weekend'. Phew, I still have the odd heartsink moment when he rings me at work. He's coming back to UK in a couple of months after a run round India. :dance::dance: He did say the last place he wants to live is Derby though :roll:

Apparently, you can use a banana skin to polish shoes :?

I'm not convinced but my DD says that it was on the TV show she was watching. It is lots of children doing experiments and investigations etc. (One of the few actually educational programmes she watches).

And, its my wedding anniversary today, and I have an unpleasant cold.

My DS has an inset day today, and nasty mum took him to the dentists to have the 2 pre molars out that he needed for his next stage of orthodontic treatment. :(

It was horrible I was shaking as much as him when we came out, it took ages and the dentist had a real problem with the first tooth.

My DS has an inset day today, and nasty mum took him to the dentists to have the 2 pre molars out that he needed for his next stage of orthodontic treatment. :(

It was horrible I was shaking as much as him when we came out, it took ages and the dentist had a real problem with the first tooth.

oh poor him, and you! hope you are both feeling better.

sports day today - oldest texted to say she got silver in the long jump!! this is hilarious because she is totally rubbish at PE and there were only actually 3 of them in the competition. were meant to be 4, so she was stressing this morning in case she came last. I said mummy would buy her little baby a medal anyway but now I dont have to :lol::lol:

oh poor him, and you! hope you are both feeling better.

sports day today - oldest texted to say she got silver in the long jump!! this is hilarious because she is totally rubbish at PE and there were only actually 3 of them in the competition. were meant to be 4, so she was stressing this morning in case she came last. I said mummy would buy her little baby a medal anyway but now I dont have to :lol: :lol:

Chickencam hope you are both feeling better...do you have any rescue remedy? we swear by it for shock?

Beach Chick how exciting for your daughter to succeed at something she didn't expect to do well in...hopefully it will improve her confidence..

It is Festival of Speed at Goodwood this weekend so there are loads of flash cars going nowhere much on the A27 tonight!

Apparently, you can use a banana skin to polish shoes :?

I'm not convinced but my DD says that it was on the TV show she was watching. It is lots of children doing experiments and investigations etc. (One of the few actually educational programmes she watches).

And, its my wedding anniversary today, and I have an unpleasant cold.

Happy anniversay. Is your DD being followed by Orangutans?

My niece invited me to her sports day, so I went. It's been 14 years since I've done anything like that & I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd forgotten how bizarre school events can be & I was impressed at how hard they tried & the passion they showed to win. There were little shows of kindness to less athletic classmates. I had a lovely afternoon.

:lol:

One of the ales we're selling is Old Speckled Hen! And I found out today that it was named after a car at MG's Abingdon plant which was used as a runaround and parked up outside the paint shop and ended up splattered. It became known as the Owld Speckl'd'un. The beer was launched to celebrate MG's 50th year and so was named Old Speckled Hen. Aww :D

Going to the Robin Hood Game and Country show in Southend tomorrow. Should be good. Taking the dog as they have a huge doggie section and may have a go at a doggie assault course with her. Wonder if they'll have a poultry show? :think: