patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

ES is looking for mountain/adventure work in Europe. I'm very pleased, he'll be back home in November, it's a year since we've seen him. He is a bit sad, he loves Japan & the people, but the nature of his work means the pay is dire. He got work on farms and things and met local people. He'll have amazing memories & plans to go back in the future.

I'm in the single bed in the spare room tonight as OH decided that today would be a good day to remove the victorian range out of our bedroom :shock: Our room is out of bounds, lots of old bricks all over the floor and lots of 100 year old soot. The room will need decorating :roll:

I've come to bed early with my book, laptop and knitting 8) Takes me back to my childhood bedroom (minus the laptop).

OH is sleeping on a camp bed in the living room :lol:

have returned from a long weekend away which included a visit to the Beryl Cook Exhibition at Bristol Art Centre...fabulous. It's on until the end of the month (ish) and so if you are in Bristol area and haven't seen it yet, and want to be cheered by some life affirming art, I recommend it...we came out with such big smiles on our faces :D:D

we tried to go to Dover Castle today... but when we got there the parking was full to overflowing and they had an overflow carpark about 3 miles UP the hill!! if you've ever been to Dover Castle, you will know that hills are a big feature... so we went to Deal Castle instead - small but sweet, then for a lovely lunch half way down to the sea at St. Margarets, then an icecream on the beach at St. Margarets at Cliffe, watching the ferries and cruise liners. lovely day; if only it had been a bit warmer and not blowing a gale!!

Got all excited about fetching our new (green eglu) tomorrow so decided to start on the garden, unfortunately managed to trap my little finger between 2 slabs :shock: Very painful but it's been x-rayed and it's not broken just very badly bruised so it's strapped up and my DH will be manhandling the (green eglu) himself tomorrow! I'm still going along for the ride :wink:

Home made bread and home grown cucumbers for breakfast. Yummy, yummy. The smell took me right back to my childhood. :D

2 of my favourite things, but not sure about breakfast :lol:

I have a chimney sweep coming tomorrow to check over our totally useless woodburning stove, no idea how much mess there will be :anxious:

Also have no idea how much he will charge :oops:

Our chimney sweep is great, really clean and efficient and only charges £40 which hasn't increased for 4 years, hopefully he can give you some advice about getting the best out of your woodburner. You need it to have been well installed to begin with and very dry wood.