patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Thanks, I did pick my new girls with the possibility of different coloured eggs, Amber (skyline) lays the !eggblue! which then looks !egggreen! later! Quartz (skyline) just lays !eggwhite! and they are really white, not a hint of any colour and Onyx (cou cou) has marans breeding in her so we get the !eggbrown! Looks lovely on the egg skelter :wink:

There are young pheasant all over the village and surrounding fields this morning. The local gamekeeper has just released them ready for the slaughter later in the year :roll: I hate it, they are so incapable of looking after themselves and are both easy prey for local dogs and foxes and very easy targets for the shoot :(

I have never understood why pheasant shooting is considered to be a sport, honestly it's harder NOT to kill them than to kill them :roll:

There are young pheasant all over the village and surrounding fields this morning. The local gamekeeper has just released them ready for the slaughter later in the year :roll: I hate it, they are so incapable of looking after themselves and are both easy prey for local dogs and foxes and very easy targets for the shoot :(

I have never understood why pheasant shooting is considered to be a sport, honestly it's harder NOT to kill them than to kill them :roll:

You are so right, they are totally kamikaze. :lol:

:lol: We had a gang of three of them run straight towards our car this afternoon :roll:

We have a would-be house frog!

If I open the back door at night he hops in, he's only little!

I thought he'd met his (chicken) maker the other day as the girls had caught something an were tearing it apart!!

But it was outside again last night! So between the frogs and the chickens I must have a lot less bugs and slugs now!

When did this thread become a sticky? 8)

yesterday

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a twitteresque type thread on the forum & if people would be interested? I sometimes have something I'd like to share, for example - today I saw a hummingbird hawkmoth & wanted to tell you, but I don't want to start a thread so I don't share. Does that even make sense? I'd like to share little oddities without people feeling obliged to reply.

It has proved useful for people to use when they want to post a 'little something' rather than them starting a new thread.

Whilst it serves this purpose it make sense for it to be a sticky so that people can find it easily :D

I was cutting the grass today and the next thing I knew Chirp was halfway across the lounge.....

I swear she was shouting ........."Andy!!!!! she's making a noise again!!!!!!!! come and tell her off" :lol:

MS has just left the house wearing woolly hat, scarf, coat & gloves just to see how people react. Only going a few hundred yards thank goodness He definitely takes after his fathers side of the family. Boys eh?

If he had been wearing a mac and wellies he would have blended in beautifully here :lol:

I had my first bath yesterday for 5 months!

My last one was when the contractions started... But yesterday OH took DD out and I had 2 hours to myself!

Love my DD - but it was lovely lying in that bath, with a book, and an old Lush bath bomb that I found (no idea how old it was, or what it was as the label had faded...) and it was heaven! All I was missing was a glass of wine!

(NB - I do normally shower each day, I haven't just not washed for 5 months...)

Went to the Henley vintage ploughing match today - too hot really :roll: Ruby won a prize in the lurcher show (we were nearly too late so they were in the 'also-rans and late entries' class. She was none too pleased with wearing her rosette, so Cyrus wore it like the princess he is 8):lol:
That sounds like a good afternoon out. Congratulations to Ruby :clap: and to Cyrus for showing off her rosette on her behalf; she is obviously far too modest to want to show off :lol: