patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Was thinking about elephants feet today, not the real thing but those great big cream cakes that you used to get from bakeries. :lol: Think they were like overgrown profiteroles/choux buns filled with cream and covered with chocolate. Can you still get them? I used to love them when I was little, bet they don't seem as big now though! :roll:

I thought that these were invented by my MIL I have never come across them anywhere else, they are seriously yummy :D I made some for ED's birthday last year and stacked them like profiteroles, they were huge :lol: It is her birthday today, so maybe a trip to the kitchen is in order :D

I am so glad that I am not alone :dance:

I love ironed clothes but just don't have enough time. My pile was also 2 thirds my height this morning it down to half a basket now :D , but there is more hidden away in an ottoman that everyone has forgotten about :oops: Also I have done loads of washing today so produced a load more :roll:

Was thinking about elephants feet today, not the real thing but those great big cream cakes that you used to get from bakeries. :lol: Think they were like overgrown profiteroles/choux buns filled with cream and covered with chocolate. Can you still get them? I used to love them when I was little, bet they don't seem as big now though! :roll:

I thought that these were invented by my MIL I have never come across them anywhere else, they are seriously yummy :D I made some for ED's birthday last year and stacked them like profiteroles, they were huge :lol: It is her birthday today, so maybe a trip to the kitchen is in order :D

Ooh, a stack of them! Now that does sound fantastic! 8) We used to get them from a bakery called Copelands (or something along those lines) in my Granny's village near Doncaster. We were only little and our eyes used to pop out ogling all the cakes behind the counter! Mum would never let us have things like that so we always felt a bit naughty and thoroughly spoilt - happy memories! :D

There are young pheasant all over the village and surrounding fields this morning. The local gamekeeper has just released them ready for the slaughter later in the year :roll: I hate it, they are so incapable of looking after themselves and are both easy prey for local dogs and foxes and very easy targets for the shoot :(

There are young pheasant all over the village and surrounding fields this morning. The local gamekeeper has just released them ready for the slaughter later in the year :roll: I hate it, they are so incapable of looking after themselves and are both easy prey for local dogs and foxes and very easy targets for the shoot :(

Here too - they were released by the estate workers around a fortnight ago.

They just mill around by the side of the road,waiting until a car comes,then they leap out in front of it (the Pheasants,not the estate guys!)

On a different note,I got a couple of the Heston hidden orange Christmas Puddings today :P:clap::clap::clap:

When giving directions to our house, I say 'the group of modern houses' they are 25 years old now, but had just been built when we moved to Cheltenham :lol:

Wish us luck we have 10 teenagers belonging to other people and 3 of our own in the house tonight, for ED's 18th party. I am just taking a toast break before cracking on with the preparations :roll: At least the weather is good so they can spend some of the evening outdoors.