Paola

My last day in Singapore.... :0(

As I am sure some of you already know (Facebook chums!), this is my last day in Singapore :cry: I am leaving due to personal circumstances *cough* :roll: So I am leaving Singapore with mixed emotions.... I have had a fantastic time and made some fantastic friends... Its been a fantastic experience for the children, who have throughly enjoyed it 8) I have spent most of my time doing voluntary work for the Singapore RDA, which has been hugely rewarding. I have also been doing voluntary work for the National Equestrian Centre of Singapore that specializes in Equine Assisted Therapy for children who have "failed" mainstream Singapore school. Its a part of the curriculum so they have to attend one morning a week. I have met some truly inspirational people through this... I hope to train and qualify for this myself :pray:

The children will be following me 5 days later so that I can have the house sorted and ready for when they arrive... DS has already requested that we get chickens that we don't eat but the ones that lay eggs :lol: Sooooooo I will be back! :wink: See you in the UK :D

Hi

I have just read your first post...what you have been doing sounds fab. If you are moving back to the Surrey area, you are very welcome to help with our RDA group which helps children from a local school with severe learning and physical disabilities.....and if you are moving somewhere else in the UK, I am sure the nearest RDA group will welcome you with open arms! As you have found out, helping with RDA is HUGELY rewarding. Have a safe trip.

I remember your name from about 2 yrs back - 2 others who used to be on here regualarly were Jackie poppies (France I think) and Docsquid (Tamworth Leics) any one know what happened to them? I have only been on Omlet a couple of yrs unlike some of you guys who have been on since year dot - not implying you spend all your time omletting of course (dont we all? :lol: )

What ever your circumstances Paola, welcome back to England adn the rain....... I do remember you going to Singapore I think it was about 2 years ago now? No matter what the children have had the opportunity to experience life abroad. I seem to recall from your photos that they are probably still quite young and so will fit back in here just fine (school-wise!)

Helloooooooo! :D I finally have internet at home 8) However my desk was the only casualty in the move, so my mac is on a small borrowed side table and I am perched on DS's wooden Thomas The Tank Engine step :shock::roll::lol:

Thank you for all of your warm wishes :D I am in Hampshire and I think I have an RDA about 10 mins away. Just need to do some homework now I am back online. Its soooooo lovely to be back. I am surprised at how good it is in fact! The kids seem happy also. The 4 bedrooms were painted within a day and a half of arriving back :shock: The boxes were all unpacked within 5 days :shock:8)

Thankfully the culture shock is not too great! :lol: Just silly things really, like how slow the escalators are here :roll: You can get whiplash when you step on the ones in Singapore :shock::lol::lol: