Sammiboo

chicken magazines - do you read?

I have read this mag and it is really good ..I work in a newsagents :oops:

It is very good for the first time chicken owner and has some good articles and pictures

.There was one the other month about what it would be like if we (ladies) had to lay an egg and the size it would be compared to the size of us to a chicken ,,ouch :lol:

ive started to read "your chickens" magazine the last couple of months. its a nice read for a "back yard keeper"

link to their site too http://www.yourchickens.co.uk/home

:clap: Thanks Sammiboo - I checked out the website & signed up for subscription. :D Looks a good magazine!

Subsribed to Homefarmer for a year, and buy practical poultry when I see it, but I shall look forward to getting this in the post :dance:

I get probably every other issue of Practical Poultry, its not a bad read

My absolute must-read magazine is Fancy Fowl which I subscribe to, I eagerly await its delivery each month and scour ebay for old ones :lol: its not really a 'light' read though unless you know the people in the poultry showing world to understand the banter :lol:

I've read 'Your chickens' since it came out at the start of this year but am now finding it a bit too targetted to children and their parents and teachers.

As for 'Practical Poultry' - I'm an addict. OH kindly gets me it every month in the hope, I think, that it will keep my chicken craziness at bay. As if :lol:

The bit I think I like best is the bit at the back with all the suppliers :whistle:

Other fav articles in PP are Andy Marshall's 'Poultryman's Diary' and Chris Graham's 'Our chickens'.

I tried the Smallholder's mag (can't remember the exact title) but it was too serious for me. I'm really just a mad hobby woman. :oops:

I used to buy Practical Poultry too but I was really shocked when they did an article about chickens prolapsing and it showed a chicken upside down in a plastic bag (after it had been culled) so you could see what a prolapse looked like.

I know it was practical to show people but it really shocked me even though one of my own chickens had prolapsed and I knew what it looked like. I think it was the fact that it was in a plastic bag!

Sophiex

Chestnutmare - they sell practical poultry in the market in town, the magazine stall by the end doors opposite clintons cards :D

Today they had poultry world there too, which I bought for the first time.... It's more business orientated, but an interesting read. :D

Oo do they? I was in the market today and didn't think to look. I called in WHSmith on the way back to the car too but they only had 'Smallholding' something magazine. Thanks. :)

I get sent Practical Poultry and always have Farmers Weekly and Country Smallholding kept for me to read from a friend.

Can read them all in work but don't always have the time to ... always annoys me when they have them in a cellophane wrapper 'cos we can't read them ;)