WitchHazel

Insensitive reporting (theft and killing of pet turkey)

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2012/10/06/balsall-heath-nursery-kids-pet-turkey-stolen-and-eaten-97319-31977182/

Sorry, I found it hard to find the story using the above link so have re-entered it for you.

All I can say is that this reporter is completely insensitive to the much-loved animal, the centre than owned him & the children involved. He's obviously hoping to impress some red-top gutter paper with his style of reporting... :evil:

Would he have reported a missing dog in the same way?? I doubt it.

I thought that. In my email, I asked if he would have reported the theft and similar disposal of a pet rabbit in the same way.

I don't suppose they care too much. I'll let you all know if the editor replies.

I am sorry to say it probably wont get u anywhere. I emailed a well know newspaper about coverage of MMR vacc and got a most unpleasant reply just cos I pointed out he made our jobs as nurses 10x more difficult. Sorry but some reporters should be ................. I wont waste my words. Horrible story, well done for trying

I agree with comments about the style and insensitive nature of the writing. The writer is obviously trying to show off to get a few cheap laughs (if it were actually funny) rather than report a story. I just hope that the fact that it was written like this has got more people talking about it and perhaps will prompt someone to help out with a new turkey. :?