soapdragon Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 I have just noticed that I am an 'All Knowing Superchicken'! There are other lovely names too...Effusive Egg Layer, Chicken Adict, Chatty Chicken etc and I am intrigued as to how these are 'allocated'. Can someone enlighten me, please? On the subject of names/titles I am Soapdragon as I used to make my own soap (until ES came along - it contains caustic soda which takes 6 weeks or so to neutralise out so not wonderful to have around with young children!) I didn't sell it, just gave it away as presents but decorated packaging labels with the title Soapdragon having been a childhood Clangers fan! Are there any stories behind anyone else's Omlet name or am I being too nosey...sorry, if so!? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 I'm an all knowing couperchicken! I'm Couperwife cos I'm married to couperman he wanted to be a chicken superhero, but spelt coop wrong And no! We are not Coupers Cathy X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 Looney was my nickname....seemples! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stu Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 My name is Stu... I lack imagination Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 The titles under your name are automatically allocated per number of posts made, there's a list somewhere.... or there was when I used to mod. I think my user name is pretty self-explanatory Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 LolaLayla - my first girls, not very imaginative Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 Forum Rankings from the FAQ section. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 I just googled "chickens" for inspiration and came across the song . It must be getting harder and harder to think of an original chicken-themed name now the forum has so many members! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
newcountrygirl Posted February 6, 2013 Share Posted February 6, 2013 Mine is because I moved to the country! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 I used the name of the guide dog we puppy walked. This was her full name for when she was naughty which she often was. The picture was taken in the first hour we met her, there was another fat and farty puppy with her called john who was going to another home. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
counturchickens Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Just from the saying, you shouldn't count your chickens....except you should! My oh didn't one day and I thought I had lost one and found her roosting under the decking! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
charly1979 Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Shouldnt admit this but mine is my name and a special date. I seem to suffer from a lot of CRAFT moments (Cant Remember a Flipping Thing) so my user name had to be simple Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
freddie Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Had a chicken named Freddie(these things happen with young children!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickendoodle Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 I have 2 labradoodles and thought the name sounded a bit like chicken noodle! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Groovychook Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 My nieces once bought me a purple 'Groovy Chick' stuffed cat ... doglet claimed it many moons ago Seemed to make sense to become Groovychook at the time! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
loumabel Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Well mine is very unimaginative Im afraid my name is Louise and I always complain because my parents didn't give me a middle name and gave my brother two, my hubby sick of hearing me whinge about it gave me Mabel as a middle name. so..... Loumabel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angie Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 I am who i am Angie . Can't tell you my army nickname the guys can be a bit rude , but they sure were glad to have me around if they needed a few hours in the chamber to decompress. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soapdragon Posted February 7, 2013 Author Share Posted February 7, 2013 I used the name of the guide dog we puppy walked. This was her full name for when she was naughty which she often was. The picture was taken in the first hour we met her, there was another fat and farty puppy with her called john who was going to another home. Good job you didn't takethe 'fat and farty' puppy then - that would have been an interesting user name! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coppers Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Mine is from many auburnhaired people in our family x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 I have chooks and boos (group name for my pack of labs) and I'm their mum.....makes sense to me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Well mine is very unimaginative Im afraid my name is Louise and I always complain because my parents didn't give me a middle name and gave my brother two, my hubby sick of hearing me whinge about it gave me Mabel as a middle name. so..... Loumabel I've always called you "lou - mabelle" in my head . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
loumabel Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 I've always called you "lou - mabelle" in my head . I think that sounds much nicer ANH, I might change it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Well mine is very unimaginative Im afraid my name is Louise and I always complain because my parents didn't give me a middle name and gave my brother two, my hubby sick of hearing me whinge about it gave me Mabel as a middle name. so..... Loumabel I've always called you "lou - mabelle" in my head . Same here! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 Yes me too. The name always makes me think of the song 'Ma Belle' I started my Omlet life as Cheaky Chook (that is, once I realised, thanks to Christian, how the name thing appeared) because that is what I always call my chickens. When Cheeky Chooky arrived (with better spelling than me ) we agreed that I should change my name so people didn't get confused. I was sitting in mollyripkim's lovely modern, beautifully designed, kitchen last autumn, and realised that, by contrast, I just had to be 'Shabby Chic' As for the titles the one I've liked best so far was 'Chatty chicken' as that's me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spinning Top Posted February 7, 2013 Share Posted February 7, 2013 When I finished my skydiving course, my instructor called me 'Basil' which has stuck with most of my mates. His logic was that I fall so fast that when we jumped together we went 'boom-boom' through the sound barrier so he named me after Basil Brush. Spinning Top came in because it took me a long time to get stable in free fall and I used to spin like a loon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...