soapdragon

Best/Worst/Oddest Presents?

On line as OH and the boys play the second Harry Potter Wii game which Father Christmas kindly delivered!

What has been your nicest present and your least favourite? Why and from whom?

Will kick off with.....

Nicest/Best: St Eval Inspiritus scented candles from OH. Indulgent!

Worst/Least nice: Boot's Anti Wrinkle Eye cream from my mother (for obvious reasons -thanks Mum!)

Oddest: All in one zip up suit for decorating from BIL (who always manages something odd - last years was a crumb sweeper in the shape of a pig so I guess this years is an improvement!)

I've had some lovely presents today including the Foodie swap and Crafty swap, and some beautiful things my niece brought back from her recent travelling in India, but the one that made me squeal with delight is this stocking present, which I have reason to believe that Santa got in a charity shop.

It brings back such happy memories.

image_zpsa322313f.jpg

My presents were generally a bit odd/disappointing this year.

I got a kettle from OH! I know I complain about our kettle which dribbles but really a kettle for Christmas (not even a stylish one)

My other present from family was a karatcher window vac. Now I know omletters rate these but it's not a very exciting Christmas present for someone who resents the amount of housework she has to do, particularly when the comment was that I could now clean the conservatory windows as they are grubby!

Oh well, it's been a nice day with the family and the kids have had a ball.

Merry Christmas everyone XXXX.

Presents, All are fab from Onsies, must say they are terrific keeping me all snug and warm to snooze away the afternoon. To the Shhh Star ....... coffee mug set from a friend, who knows full well I love Costas, but the mugs are Fab just the same, new hairdryer I got a day early as mine gave up the ghost, so glad I asked for a new one.

Not the oddest.... but this is the odd bit . I have No idea who sent them. New gloves and a scarf and hood all in one, fur trimmed , fleece lined , knitted outer and it is really lovely and very warm, wore them to Church this morning...But who sent them ??

Worst present-easyjet failed to deliver DD to Belfast ,after 12 hours at Gatwick and the usual lack of info.right up to 10pm they still expected to travel.But Belfast said flight had been cancelled.Then the baggage handlers disappeared and she had to wait 3 hours to get luggage.Luckily she worked with girl who lives near Gatwick so she has gone to her.No flights today so won't be here until 6 pm tomorrow.It has put huge damper on Christmas although am trying to be positive.Best present will be when she gets here safely.

I have had lovely presents this year. OH picks the most thoughtful things, this year he has bought me an eco drive watch, several useful sewing/dressmaking gadgets and a 1970's retro sweetshop in a box from A Quarter Of (I'm not a fan of chocolate!). He could have given me a download of his new album but maybe I'll have to buy it myself!

My thoughts go to those who are homeless due to the bad weather. Grandmashazzie, so sorry to hear that your daughter couldn't get to you; you have the perfect excuse for another Christmas when she arrives. 8)

Lovely day with family, even though the teen was grumpy, and one parent on each side is incapacitated,,, bit like Christmas in an old folks' home at times :roll: Much as I love a crowd in the house, it's nice when they've all gone.

Presents..... some really thoughtful presents from The Boy, a super Stanley vacuum flask from Rosie and her dad, and new pyjamas from my folks, to replace my threadbare ones. Don't think I've had one I haven't liked yet.

I did get some lovely presents from OH (as I had to tell him what to get at his insistence not mine) but he also got me as surprises:

A grow your own mushroom kit :shock: , a cheese dome and a coffee set. Now someone in our house loves cheese mushrooms and coffee, but guess what, it isn't me!!!!

Best prezzies... A chicken handbag, Ugg boots, a pure wool jumper, electric hair curling gadget. Plus loads of other stuff too. Wierdiest prezzies, but what I wanted are a moongazing hare silver necklace, some tarot cards & cloth to keep them wrapped up in.

Oddest prezzie, but a joke prezzie is a William Morris type patterned Microfibre duster! :lol: Fab prezzies, fab dinner , fab day & lots of love. :D

Emma.x

Best pressies: a beehive built by Mr W from a kit but he made a landing board and floor and 'pimped it up' so my my bees can move into it at a later date. I also got some Lush goodies and a Lush gift card and a huge Cymbidium orchid plant (I have a bit of an obsession with orchids....saves cleaning the window ledges :lol: ) and my lovely next door neighbours bought me an egg skelter to say thanks for all the parcel taking in we have done for them all year.

Oddest pressie: a small pot of Vaseline....but it is for my beehive :lol: I normally get an wierd pressie from my MIL but she gave me money.

Least fav pressie: a silk scarf.......I'm a jeans, t shirt and trainers kind of girl not sure when I'm likely to wear silk scarf.

I didn't really get any pressies. My parents gave me money & 3 pairs of pants. Some choccies & wine that are shared with hubby, some money from other relatives (I'm hoping to buy a new bed). Hubby gave me a gift voucher for a tattoo place which also does piercing as I've been debating about getting my nose re-pierced. Trouble is I tend to feel queasy at the thought of needles & fainted when I had my nose done the first time :roll: Oh and the in-laws gave us a theatre voucher, just need to wait for something to come that we want to see

Support pants from OH (my request to hold in the casarian belly) 2 pairs of PJ's - finally sucumbed as I get so cold in bed despite menopause. OH has cold and must be delirious as last night on coming back to bed in said PJ's a voice said "who are you?" - I replied " er its your wife silly" :doh: He said he didnt recognise me in trousers :notalk: Also got a little china chicken for the christmas tree from ES and some lovely smellies and money.

I must have been VERY good as I not only got a Crock Pot slow cooker for Christmas, but also a gorgeous Bobby brown make up set, a huge hatbox of Lush goodies, cosy pyjamas, & best of all an oak leaf ring made from an old shilling, by Hairy Growler (Harry Growler on Facebook)

Feel spoilt.

My loathed SIL managed to give me the candle I gave her last year - the actual same one (it had a little mark on the box). Thats her pressie from me for next year sorted then! 8):lol:

Best (because I chose/asked for them :wink: ) - a Nexus tablet (which I may share with OH!) ; a really good quality lightweight cagoule for running ; a head torch for morning chicken duties

Worst - nothing from my mum, for any of us, even though she spent Christmas Day with us. I know she needs assistance shopping but she bleated on and on about buying presents for her carers and I helped her buy gifts. Shouldn't be surprised, she's never bought a present for my 2 boys in 20 years :roll: .

Wierdest - some Absinthe handcream from a teacher at work. Never heard of it before but Body Shop sell it so it must be OK!

Best pressies: a gorgeous signed piece of glass art work by Jo Downs (love her) and Bastilles new album. The SIL came up with some gorgeous handmade candle holders too (unusual as her pressies are usually rubbish). A chicken mug from my stepmum

Worst: a book of ghost stories from my brother???? (Maybe he thinks I need a good scare)

Oddest: leather driving gloves from the MIL and a bottle of Disarano and some amaretto biscuits from my aunt

Edited by Guest

....... & best of all an oak leaf ring made from an old shilling, by Hairy Growler (Harry Growler on Facebook)

Lucky you Sarah, I love that jewellery.

I know - it was you that got me into it in the first place, I think.

I treated myself to a shilling ring with all the coin writing around it earlier in the year - it is fabulous stuff 8)

Ooh some lovely (and odd!) pressies this year :D

My strangest was from OH - a paperback book: A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. :eh: He said it was on my Amazon wish list, but it wasn't. I think it was one of those things that pop up when you go onto Amazon - 'people who bought this also bought that' type of thing. So he bought it. He admitted he thought it was a bit of a strange thing to ask for :roll: He did buy me some nice things as well though, so he is forgiven :lol:

Best pressies were some red fluffy PJs and the Soap and Glory gift box (both of which I bought for myself, wrapped them and put them under the tree :twisted: )