Luvachicken

DE and head lice

Apparently hair conditioner kills the lice as well, only not the eggs. So washing your hair a good few days with conditioner (leaving it in for a bit) should kill off most lice and any hatching eggs. Then using a lice comb to get rid of any unhatched eggs should do the trick.

That is what I did once before a long time ago, but I was just curious about the DE.

The thought of lice freaks me out and I have noticed quite a few scratchy children since being back at school.

Another hair conditioner and nitty gritty comb here. My GC when in primary were the unlucky ones to always come home full of them within a week of returning to school after the holidays. ( We knew who the offenders were but the parents wouldn't do anything about it, so the whole class were just spreading them around during the term , even the Head was relieved when they moved away from the area ). We called them Grasshoppers as my GD couldn't stand the word nits . Bless her .

The nitty gritty is a wonder comb and really does work, we all have one.

They say head lice are tiny creatures the size of a sesame seed... The Channel 4 programme embarrassing bodies had an episode with a severe (not this bad, but still...) infestation of head lice and what shocked me most was the size of full grown head lice! :shock:

Waaaaay bigger than a sesame seed!