Willow

Anyone else noticed high number of views for each topic ?

I don't know how long it's been like this but I just noticed the number of views for each topic is getting really high. The ques I posted about roofers this morning already has over 500 views whereas I would have expected maybe 20 ?

So who are all these viewers ? is it search engines ? or real people ?

See what you mean! I don't think 964 people would have looked at my post about in less than 24 hours which is when I posted about cake accessories. I don't understand all this computer business...how would someone googling at cake accessories get onto Omlet board. Something weird happening.

See what you mean! I don't think 964 people would have looked at my post about in less than 24 hours which is when I posted about cake accessories. I don't understand all this computer business...how would someone googling at cake accessories get onto Omlet board. Something weird happening.

It wouldn't probably happen much for a 'wide' search like that, but add a brand name & suddenly anyone Googling that name will find the Omlet thread on their search results.

There are other search engines of course , but Google is the main one, so I am using it in the Hoover way (I have a Sebo, but still 'do the Hoovering')

I think it must be the bots but I wonder why the spike. :think:

I do kind of hope it's the major search engine bots not anything else. :shock:

For reasons I can't work out someone in the Ukraine keeps trying to break my password for my id on another chicken forum I never go onto. I'd even forgotten I had a login until I was getting the alerts that there were multiple password attempts. They helpfully provided the IP address these attempts were coming from so I could track it to the Ukraine. But what I can't figure out is why they want to break into my account on that forum. :shock: