Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

How terribly odd! I thought exactly the same when I was looking and had to do a double take :lol: I think I was just glancing rather than looking properly! I still have a 3/4 done Kaffe Fassett cabbage on my frame started the year before ES (now 14) was born :doh:. Sadly, I seem to have mislaid the bag of wool (although I haven't looked REALLY hard for it ;-))

• Haha 1

Ditto to the double take!  Glad I'm not the only one - the arm of the chair just looked like a thumb.  

I have some tapestries that I started in my teens but never completed, a bit of crewel work and all sorts wrapped into one.  Lots of woodland animals (including a raccoon with a fluffy tail) - with the extra fluffy tails I distorted it so badly.  I think I actually threw it away when we moved - I'd held on to it for all that time!

Weeeeell.....this thread motivated me to hunt harder for the bag of wool and, guess what, I found it (thus proving how 'unhard' I'd looked before :$!) I've been stitching away like a mad one (!) this afternoon and now realise that it's about 7/8 to go! Am utterly determined to keep going until I finish it; I only gave up a few minutes ago when the light was so bad I couldn't tell one green from another (there are a LOT of different greens in a cabbage!)

• Like 1

I confess to having given away a barely started tapestry the other day.  Had it about 15 years and finally decided it wasn’t for me.  Still it’s gone to a good home.  A member of a rag rugging club who does tapestry too.  I’m still hanging onto the Laura Ashley patchwork which I think I started in the 70’s!

My first attempt at patchwork was also in my teens - hexagons.  I was making a cushion to match my orange bedroom (well the carpet and curtains were orange) but the fabric was a dainty orange floral on a white background flannel with brown corduroy.  I had no idea how to stop so it just grew to an oversized half.  I never got around to the other side - absolutely hated cutting out the shapes, then cutting papers and sewing them on and then sewing together.  Funny thing is English paper piecing is really popular at the moment and I really had enough of it.  Not sure if I kept it or the fabric went to charity.  I don't remember seeing it when I was putting things away here.  As for my hand sewing long term project, I love my cathedral windows quilt.

Edited by Valkyrie
oops

Making lap blankets for a charity.   It’s working up fast.  Started yesterday and 3 balls of wool gone already.   Can’t decide if I like the colours but I have enough to make a blanket so it is what it is.   Bit too much dirty grey

EC21502F-CD98-477B-ABCA-635A8AB23BAF.jpeg

Edited by ajm200

On 3/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, Plum said:

Wow you are quick.  Just seen the post sorry or I'd have replied before.  It's very pretty, lovely soft colours.   Bet you've made another 4 by now. :) 

Almost finished one and halfway through two more.   Lacking attention span 

Lovely AJM!  And so cute Catsy.  

I showed restraint at Exeter Quilt show today.  It was very quiet so had a big hands-on session with a longarm.  Still need a bigger room though.  I did buy some fabric to replace one I had run out of - and now I can make that top a bit bigger. But the best thing was - Plum's quilts were there and she had a 1st rosette by the side!  Well done Plum - I didn't realise they were so small and all the work that went in to making them, well, the prize is well deserved.  There were lots of people wandering around and stopping to oooh at them. 

This may need a sunglasses warning as it is very bright.   Procrastinating and avoiding sewing in ends in the other blankets I have made to donate so I started another.  Not got far as I began during my son’s OT appt this am so only a couple of hours in   It’s about a foot sq atm

image.jpg

• Like 1