Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

I’ve been busy making lots more blankets.  I’ve a also made a FB page with the hope that it will keep me focused on a single project so I get stuff finished as projects seem to stall at the sewing on stage.  If I get enough interest I might even invest in a real blog site with free patterns and stuff.   The page as been a challenge as you’ve all seen how rubbish my typing gets when my eyes are bad.   Here are a few of the projects that have kept me busy while I’be been away from the forum.  

888DAEB3-C7D7-4CBC-B566-52D91C07841B.jpeg

F4265686-6532-41BA-8900-137F61F6C5B6.jpeg

56F3890A-040A-4FDC-9B72-AC75B9038B72.jpeg

5DF07DBE-4E0F-4C1E-B55A-62FCEFE738FE.jpeg

• Like 2

Ooh it won't let me do any more "reactions today" - which sounds daft - if you are on FB you don't have a limit to liking/loving something - and I wanted to press that heart for gorgeous crochet!  I particularly like the last one - dunno why, maybe it's the soft pastels.  I'm a pastel gal! 

Hope all goes well at the hospital xxx

• Like 1

Thanks Plum. Hope you are well. 

The fancy ones are lovely but I can’t always manage that level of concentration.   They are nowhere near as pretty as the lovely quilts on here.  

Still struggling and have been told that I have a neurological disorder that won’t go away so just have to adjust to a different normal.   Spending lots of time resting up and crocheting.   Would like to get the stage where I can publish patterns for others to use as a way of keeping busy.   

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear the medical news - but knowing is better than always wondering, so now you learn to adapt.  Different normal is good - my husband cried out at me (when I was tormenting him) "why aren't you NORMAL!"  Not well normal takes a lot of work though - most difficult is to not push yourself too hard and take baby steps to recognise your boundaries.

The fabric quilts have a head start with pretty fabrics from the manufacturers.  Please don't compare as we see your work as super  - it's just different and I can't do it, so to me your crochet is wonderful!  Same to be said for all the other handiwork seen on here.  Plus we are all at different stages of abilities and it's nice that we can appreciate and encourage each other.  xxxx

Sorry ajm didn't get a notification for your reply until Koojies.  Bum about your diagnosis, so sorry.  I'm hoping for you it goes into remission and you get some respite.

I'm glad you have your crochet to focus on, it's so beautiful and how amazing to publish patterns to share. What yarn did you use for my favourite the grey and turquoise one?

1 hour ago, soapdragon said:

Love, love, love your crochet creatures, CT! How clever! How do you decide what you are going to make? Do you do commissions?!

Thanks Soapy! I browse a lot on Ravelry and mostly go for free patterns. There are absolutely loads on there. 

The dino is for a history teaching colleague. And I just found the fox too cute. Haven’t done any formal commissions, mostly because I’m often afraid I won’t have the time for it. But if you have any serious requests, you can always contact me! 😉