Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Belting down with rain last night around 11.00pm.....still damp and dreary this morning but with no more rain forecast for a few days - just the colder temps and overnight dips to -3/5 over the next week! I am always sceptical of forecasts more than a few days ahead though; as OH so eloquently puts it ' A seagull only has to f**t over the Atlantic and it'll all blow the other way'! Hence I only ever look a couple of days ahead (weatherwise!) :doh:

:lol::lol::lol:

Baskervilley

Reminds me of when we were driving down to Tregony late at night when we were young. Dad needed a sleep because he was tired and we stopped on Dartmoor. My brother was little and was fidgeting around in the back with mum. I was riding shotgun. He was so angry when it was all quiet at last and I went "OWWWWWOOOOOO!" Can't think why - everyone else laughed.

I think we've had reasonable weather this week - rained in the night because I saw the puddles. Spitting a bit this evening but the moon does peek out of the clouds so not bad. Not cold either.

nice bright day here so far wind picked up a couple of hours ago but it's not to bad to be out in

it was cold enough ( more like a long enough cold snap than how cold it went) over night to put about an inch of frost into the ground down on the plot but I managed to finish digging no2 potato bed so hopefully I can put the rotivator through over the weekend only 22 or 32 days to spud planting weekend depending on weather I start planting St Patrick's day or Good Friday

We've had really nice days - although very cold. Cracking sunsets! Was up in Daventry yesterday and walked around the reservoir - nice in sheltered spots but brrrr that wind! This morning I woke up to big snowflakes floating down like a pigeon preening. Very intermittent. As I type it's getting darker (blue sky to the west though) and a few more flakes. I could hear the children waiting for the school bus - very excited they were! :lol:

It's -12oC here with a "feels like" -21oC :shock:

21.jpg

That is chilly !!!!

At least it looks like it will get warmer for you towards the end of the week :wink:

Has been snowing little snow showers most of the day so far, but the sun has melted most of it.

The Head at my school has been organising phone numbers for just in case on Thursday, the main day my area is forecast snow :dance:

So much easier to deal with when the decision has been made. I get very anxious when it is snowy :(

Bitterly cold here. Minus 5 last night and supposed to be colder tonight. As Bernadette probably isn’t totally back to full weight yet I’ve bought a snugglesafe which I’ve been putting under the roosting bars in the Cube when we go to bed, and I’ve blocked the gaps between the poo trays and the back door and the big vent in the back door with rolled up bubble wrap (vents in the sides are still open for some air flow but not at bottom level!).

No snow yet...