I was just wondering what material people are using in the egg laying quarters of the cube, if anything at all. Our chicks are coming up 10 weeks old, so it will be a little while yet before they start laying.

Thank you for any advic

Ooh, you're close to us - how big a bag does the Miscanthis come in, and where from?

20kg bags, one bag does my 3m x 3m run. I get mine from Sunnyside poultry at Burton £8, although Kennelgate pet supplies & most Horsey places do the Aubriose, same size but £12

Hi! I'm new to this forum and in looking up auboise to see what it was, I came across this post on another forum. Wondered if anyone has had any issues with impacted crops with this bedding? Sounds like scary stuff to me. My chicks are only 5 weeks old so I have several months to check out bedding for the nests.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=100176.0

panicum

Didn't Luvachicken have issues with her chickens eating the bedding in her nesting box?

You are right Cat tails I did :( except it wasn't in the nest box.

I bought Dengie Fresh Bed which mine had in like a sand pit for digging in. It was like chopped straw and smelt beautiful and supposedly kept flies away.

Unfortunately 2 of my girls ate it and both ended up with impacted crops which needed operations.

I think I have dippy chickens and was just unlucky.

I've stuck with the aubiose ever since.