Luvachicken

Christmas is coming !!!!!!!!

My daughter told me that she saw Christmas cards in The Card Factory the other day, then on Saturday I saw Christmas cards for sale at one of the local garden centres.

IT IS THE MIDDLE of AUGUST !!!!!! for goodness sake.

Why oh why can't we have Summer in peace :evil:

Why can't shops bombard us with Christmas stuff in October ?

It's hot, I'm wearing shorts and a T shirt and it's going to get hotter over the next few days.

I don't want to see Christmas in the shops already :evil:

I knew some of you would be excited about Christmas already :lol:

It's just that it is so hot and sticky right now, but has been beautiful the last couple of days, I don't want to be reminded of how Winter brings shorter days and not a lot of sunshine.

OK I admit I have just finished a Christmas decoration that I started last Summer :oops: and I do love Christmas but really the shops do make time pass so quickly.

I'm sure I complained about the same thing on here last year.

And Cat tails I bet you had your crochet hooks at the ready for a Christmas swap (which I'm more than happy to organise again :D )

I miss the good old days back in the 80s and 90s when Christmas stuff wouldn't appear on shelves until November.

But that's largely because I am a big kid who loves Christmas and I can't wait to get up and open prezzies. Seeing stuff this early just makes me depressed that it isn't here already!

I miss the good old days back in the 80s and 90s when Christmas stuff wouldn't appear on shelves until November.

But that's largely because I am a big kid who loves Christmas and I can't wait to get up and open prezzies. Seeing stuff this early just makes me depressed that it isn't here already!

Even more time to get excited!

I feel that the earlier it appears in the shops just reminds me of corporate greed. Plus it stops the excitement. Christmas hasn't been fun for a long time now. Plan ahead by all means - nice to get gifts sorted well in advance but really August is way too soon. I hate the dark days - I always have a semi depression up until the winter solstice and then I know the days will be getting lighter. I don't need anything to remind me of gloomy times that will be here all too soon.

OK........ I confess...... I do 2 Christmasses :lol::lol:

Family one, as normal 25th December and then for my closest friends....

Nearest Saturday to 25th June.

Send Christmas cards, put up the tree and cook a full christmas dinner.

Have crackers and exchange presents too £5.00 max though.

Great fun and yes I am bonkers.