Luvachicken

Easter swap 2019

12 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Oooh I do like the pretty jars!  Always wanted to have a bash at making my own slime - just to play with stress buster.  I don't know if the borax substitute works for that or if there's another way of making it.

Easy recipe:

1 cup of glue

Food colouring

Glitter (optional)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 tablespoon water

1 tablespoon baby oil

Contact lens solution

Mix together all the glue, water, baby oil, colouring, and glitter first. Add the baking soda and mix that in too. Next, just do little squirts of contact lens solution and mix all the ingredients. It'll start clumping together almost immediately, so don't use too much lens solution. Keep going until it is basically sticking too itself and not the bowl - now start kneading with your hand. If it's still sticking to you after a minute, add a little more solution - but be careful not to make it rubbery. If you overdo it with the solution, you'll end up with a not very flexible/stretchy ball of rubber and you'll have to start again.

Should also note that, if the mix feels too wet and is not sticking together, add a little more baking soda. :)

Edited by AndyRoo

On 2/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, Hellis said:

when will this have to posted by?

To arrive in plenty of time for Easter Sunday. 

There are a few people overseas and no post on Good Friday, (I think that's right?) so it might depend who you get!

@Luvachicken when might we find out who we are getting?

I loved the questions last time. I will put some together, I think it really helps

1. Cats or dogs, or any favourite animals, chickens, woodland creatures, farm animals, horses?

2. Do you collect anything? 

3. Does your house have a theme? Country cottage? Scandi style?

4. Favourite colours or colours you really don't like

5. Winter, summer, spring or autumn. 

6. Seaside, mountains, woodland, lakes, fields

7.  Would you prefer an Easter craft or more general for all year round

8. What can I make you xD Looking for inspiration so tell me something about you! 

I'm not sure if this makes it more difficult! 

1. Chickens obviously! But all animals.

2. No

3. 😂🤣 no

4. Like deep and bright colours, don’t like pastels 

5. Summer

6. Seaside, woodland

7. Don’t mind

8. Anything to do with gardening or baking, but to be honest anything that someone’s has taken the time to make would be received with gratitude 🙏🏻 

1) Love all animals, but are more a cat than a dog person. Only animals I can’t stand are mosquitoes and cormorants (long, stinky story...)

2) not really... my house insists on collecting dust, does that count?

3) my house has a theme! Ikea! 😉

4) love most, but not so much harsh primary colours. Teal/petrol and yellow are my favourite.

5) any really

6) woodland and mountains 

7) don’t mind 

8 ) I would love anything!

Should we maybe add:

9) what is your favourite flower? 

Most bulbs, and blossom. Not a fan of roses.

24 minutes ago, patsylabrador said:

I'm really sorry. I've started making my thing. I'm so slow I had to crack on otherwise I'd never be done in time. I don't mind what I get which isn't at all helpful I know. 

No worries!

I have also already gotten supplies when they were on sale. Might make something different, but I also have to start soonish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patsylabrador said:

I'm really sorry. I've started making my thing. I'm so slow I had to crack on otherwise I'd never be done in time. I don't mind what I get which isn't at all helpful I know. 

That's why I thought maybe it would make it more difficult! Make something you enjoy doing, the questions/answers are just if you need inspiration! x

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 8:29 AM, redhotchick said:

1. Cats or dogs, or any favourite animals, chickens, woodland creatures, farm animals, horses? All these animals

2. Do you collect anything? no

3. Does your house have a theme? Country cottage? Scandi style? I'm aiming for modern, clean lines in cool colours, with bright splashes. (it's not like that now!)

4. Favourite colours or colours you really don't like. I like teal, aqua, turquoise, saffron, mustard. pastels too! lots of colours!

5. Winter, summer, spring or autumn. Autumn

6. Seaside, mountains, woodland, lakes, fields. Woodland

7.  Would you prefer an Easter craft or more general for all year round. Don't mind

8. What can I make you xD Looking for inspiration so tell me something about you! well Andy Roo mentioned soap or and scarf, either of which would be lovely, other than that, anything!

I'm not sure if this makes it more difficult! 

I've added my answers above x

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, redhotchick said:

.1 Cats or dogs, or any favourite animals, chickens, woodland creatures, farm animals, horses?

I have cats and chickens but would love a dog.  Please make me a dog xD

2. Do you collect anything? 

Does my craft stuff and fabric count.  I collect Omlet swap gifts.  I don't collect anything now used to collect ducks.

3. Does your house have a theme? Country cottage? Scandi style?

It's just a fairly modern 3 bed semi.  Very boring.  Most of the house has been made pretty characterless when we did it up a few years ago.  My sewing room is bright, chaotic, full of crafty goodness, baskets and shelves of stuff and things I love including past swaps and gifts.  I don't envy my family clearing this lot out when I pop my clogs.  I told my OH to throw it all in the coffin with me.

4. Favourite colours or colours you really don't like

I love teal too and turquoise, mustard, orange, yellows, grey, green, multi-coloured. Fresh colours, subtle colours.  Not fond of a lot of red, pink or brown.

5. Winter, summer, spring or autumn. 

Spring for sure, especially this week all the lovely snow drops and spring flowers that are starting

6. Seaside, mountains, woodland, lakes, fields

yes please, not really a city person except for the odd day, give me an open field on a mountainside looking down at a tree lined waterscape.

7.  Would you prefer an Easter craft, or more general for all year round

Love a Spring theme, Easter, or all year in that order.  Hope this helps.

8. What can I make you xD Looking for inspiration so tell me something about you! 

I treasure something someone makes for me whatever skill level.  I appreciate if you design it yourself and love something made of chocolate :lol: 

I'm not sure if this makes it more difficult!   Yup :lol:

On 2/26/2019 at 8:07 AM, redhotchick said:

To arrive in plenty of time for Easter Sunday. 

There are a few people overseas and no post on Good Friday, (I think that's right?) so it might depend who you get!

@Luvachicken when might we find out who we are getting?

I loved the questions last time. I will put some together, I think it really helps

So sorry for the delay.

I was really poorly just before half term and was poorly all of half term last week too.

Have been back to normal this week but what with being at school, have just been so busy.

So I thought parcels could be posted the week of the 15th April that gives us all 6 weeks to make something.

I will let you know who your swap will be on Sunday 3rd in the evening just to give a couple more days for anyone else to join in.

You do need to have been an Omlet member for 3 months to take part.

Please also remember to post when you have received your parcel and when you have posted yours.

Photos of your gifts are also required 😊

1 hour ago, Cat tails said:

Oh no sorry to hear you were unwell! Especially in your holiday! 

It all started on my birthday :sad:

1 hour ago, Cat tails said:

If someone would rather not post abroad, let Luvachicken know, as Ursula and me both live abroad.

Oh yes, had forgotten about that, sorry :oops:

And also, if you decide not to take part, could you let me know before Sunday afternoon please.