One Man Banned

What are you doing this Easter weekend?

Hey it's mid-week for most of us - so what are you planning over the Easter break..? Fitting that kitchen, tiling the bathroom or.....???

I've had the great idea to cut down the huge tree at the front of the house as it's now ridiculously big now and taking up too much space. I need Claret's help for this. How do I wield a chainsaw whilst still looking elegant in my bikini....and heels :lol::wink:

Thankfully I'm borrowing the chainsaw and a shredder from work and Joe's brother is coming up - at least he got forewarned he was helping and then I have to think about the new tree to replace it :D

That can wait til the August BH tho - don't think my back will be up to much more :lol:

What are you doing?

A

xx

It's just me and the two little boys over easter, so off to my Dads to play trains on Friday and Saturday, church Sunday - my friend is having her twins dedicated, plus Easter Sunday in church is special anyway then Monday the Omlet Leicester Meet! 8)

picking up half a lamb from a local farm, putting up the free greenhouse we got on freecycle, planting up some of the seeds that need to go in the greenhouse,; peppers and such.

hoping my cheap copy of 'food for free' by richard mabey from abebooks.co.uk turns up before the w/end and if it does, going out foraging for a giggle :lol:

Just myself and Jack at home over the weekend. I will be planting my chitted potatoes in their pots. Usual Eglu cleaning. Test driving a new car :D

OH is driving down to Stirling in a minibus full of children :lol: , Natalie included to yet another blinking swimming competition :roll:

Oh and I finish work on Friday for my Eater holidays, 3 weeks off :D

We are having Friday at home - gardening and cleaning chooks. On Saturday we are going to Wisley gardens then spending two days with out-laws in Guildford.

I have sneaked in an extra day off on Tuesday to spend with my God son Fergus. :lol:

I am hoping that my new run will be more or less finished this weekend. The sand and paving stones arrived today, tomorrow youngest son is coming over to help carry paving stones and sand through the house into the back garden,

Oh for a side entrance! :roll: I am praying for nice weather :( I will probably spend the weekend cooking nice things to encourage the run-builders and making endless cups of tea :shock:

Tessa

I'm off to Bluewater on Friday

Chicken keeping course (Clarets!) on Saturday- then a gig Saturday evening which is a kid in my tutor group playing followed by a blues band (I like to support the kids but usually they play unsuitable venues - this is a fundraiser his Dad has organised for the local operatic society)

Sunday morning I@m running a hen party then Sunday evening its a 50th birthday party- 50's fancy dress for someone who works in my lovely old school (remind me why on earth I left!)

Monday planting, gardening etc

Oh and I also have to prepare for an interview on Tuesday - I NEED to leave the school I@m working in right now.

My mum and dad are coming over Thursday but I am abandoning everyone on Saturday to go to Little Chickadee's for Claret's Hen Party. And its Layla's 7th birthday on Monday, so I will probably be making a (chicken) birthday cake on Sunday. We were hoping for a night away in the camper but forecast is not good.

We have been working flat out just latley so are looking forward to doing not much, unfortunatly for me this is not a state I am awfully good at, I can always find something to do! :wink:

We will be doing a bit of gardening although I am quite on top of it all really. Im not sure my spuds have 'chitted' enough yet so I may leave it untill the following weekend. I am off for 2 weeks from work because it is school hols so I will have plenty of time to do it anyway.

We are getting our 6 piglets this weekend although Im not sure what day yet so we will be busy sorting this out no doubt. We are having a flat pack pig ark delivered either tommorow or thursday as the last batch of piggies destroyed the one we had before past the point of no return! :roll:

We will also need to put up the electric fence and check out the hen accomodation ready for when we get our meat birds.

Also we are planning a trip to Iron Bridge in Shropshire. This is one of our favourite days out and all the better this year as we get to go for free as we bought a year pass last Easter and as Easter is early, it is still in date. So with a picnic packed this will be a free day out. :D

I'm working :( Back to work Thursday, trying to arrange a late start so I can watch the girls Easter Parade at school. Work Friday, Got Saturday off as I've organised a party at the pub for OH's impendin 42nd birthday, all three children sleeping at the outlaws - yay! Over to the outlaws for lunch on Sunday then work Sunday evening, OH's b'day Monday and again work monday evening and Tuesday. First time I've had to work the bank holidays for a while though so I suppose I can't complain altho I haate being at work when everyone else is off.

Enjoy your weekends everyone :lol:

Mrs B

I am hoping to finish off the base for the greenhouse, secure the greenhouse down, put the glass back in it and then start building the new chook run.

Looking at the forecast............... I might get the green house finished if I am lucky.

Having said, that last weekends forecast was terrible and didn't happen and I got loads done.

Kev.

Friday - chillin' (literally, I think - forecast is terrible :shock: ) then going to see Bach - St Matthew Passion at the Barbican in the evening

Saturday - chicken keeping course at Little Chickadee's (mentioned above!)

Sunday - lunch at my sister's

Monday - a totally free day, something I haven't had in ages.

I was planning to do lots of gardening this weekend, but the forecast is for sleety showers, hail on Sunday - so I think I may have to finish painting the kitchen instead. Or lie on the sofa and watch 'Brief Encounter' with a big box of tissues and a bar of G&B. I am so looking forward to five days off work (sorry Mrs Bertie).

Tuesday - THE CUBE COMETH!