Went to RHS Tatton Show yesterday :D

It was great, was a little disappointed there was no Omlet but there was a lovely garden with some ex-batts in.

When I was there though, this was Omlet's "competition"

Chicubes

:? They look very industrial, when we saw them there was this one:

IMGP3323.JPG

It had one hybrid in it, I think anyway, it was quite big and speckled and it looked quite cramped, there was nothing in the run and it was by itself, when someone asked how many chickens it held he replied three :shock:

I think that might be a bit of a squeeze.

Personally, I haven't found a chicken house that matches the eglu at all in any way.

What do you think?... I think I was feeling a little prejudiced :anxious::lol:

Does anyone have any experiences with them?

Don't know quite what to make of them myself.

Jessie, we went to Tatton RHS on Saturday and I took some photos of the 'Little red hen' Rescue chicken friendly garden so you could all take a look.

RHSTatton017-1.jpg

RHSTatton014-1.jpg

RHSTatton013-2.jpg

RHSTatton016-1.jpg

I quite like the 'chicube' in the sky. Not keen on the down to earth ones. But the price :shock: Im sure the garden would not be 'chicken friendly' for very long.

Had a lovley day at Tatton. There was a green eglu on the allotment societys garden.

8) Lovely pictures :D

The ex-batts were gorgeous weren't they?

I found it hard to listen to some people thinking they'd pulled their own feathers out. :(

I asked if Omlet was there and was told no, but there was an eglu out there!

But I couldn't find it :(

oh, well :wink:

Did you see the fat birds? :D

I loved Buddy but he wasn't for sale :(

Lotty was, but my Dad wouldn't let me ask how much she was :lol:

Buddy:

cimg8952.jpg

Lotty:

cimg8953.jpg

I also loved this :D :

cimg8943.jpg

Thanks for photos from tatton - friend who went said there was a chicken garden and that it was great! Agree wouldn't stay like that for long with my girls!!

Think Fred has right idea about the chicube :lol: but at least the solway is using re-cyled plastic - would be good if omlett did too, but still kept the funky design.

RHSTatton014-1.jpg

I like that in the sky, I think they rushed the design and they look too industrial though, the egg would be good lying down and the chooks enter through the pointy bit of the egg 8).

I think the solway are really good for a farm situation, benefits of an eglu at a cheaper price and they look ok, better than other things I've seen. Would be good as a broody coop aswell.