Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Beans on toast for dinner tonight :D

my favourite :D

but, ive only been eating beans for about 3 years :shock: I wouldnt touch them before that :oops::lol:

do you have them with cheese? or with an egg on top?

(kev likes egg on toast with beans on the top :roll::lol: )

cathy

x

Cheese and lots of salt :oops::oops: Lovely!

A Mrs Beaton recipe for Plum Pickle and its gone wrong :oops:

:D

What happened Debs? I have to say you might be able to rescue it, I had a load of pickle that WOULD NOT go sticky no matter how long I boiled it. I waited til it went cold, discovered at the same time it was too sweet, reboiled it and played around with the flavourings, ended up using a little cornflour and it was bloomin lovely! So don't give up on it, unless it's already in the bin :lol:

BeckyBoo

Ooops! - don't forget to say on the labels if you give any away - or you could be sued for the cost of dental work :shock:

I made the Cardamom Cake last week and must have cooked it for too long and it was a bit dry - being in a plastic bag hasn't helped so I made a Bread and Butter pudding with it - divine!!! :drool:

I've made some of the Cucumber Dill Pickles as well with a couple of tough cucumbers.

Mmmmm, some lovely food on this topic.

Christian, I know what you mean, starting enthusiastically early in the morning, then running out of steam waiting to finish in the evening. But what a great result, well done! 3 months ahead of schedule then. :lol: Well, I always do mine last week Oct. if I can, and certainly never mention Christmas in September. :lol:

Very organised though, and I bet they'll be delicious. :drool: