patsylabrador

christmas eve eve

Not having kids, I'm just a bit bored and tense - loads to do, stuck at work today and I just know it will all end up having to be done in about half an hour tomorrow morning!

I am feeling smug though. My colleagues went to the pub at lunchtime; I went to give blood. And guess who was back at their desk first!

well my kids are very excited but they are not toddlers anymore :wink: , I do remember when they were younger they had jumping beans in their pants, we couldn't keep them still for excitement.. :lol::lol::lol:

It's a quiet Christmas for us luckily this this year though and I have to say I do prefer it that way.

My two were almost bouncing off the walls earlier, winding eachother up. They've been awake since about 5:30am, luckily Oliver's asleep on the sofa now and Dan will be going to gymnastics in a mo, should work some energy out of him. I thought there might have been a children's Christmassy film on telly this afternoon, but nothing at all.

Dread to think what they'll be like tomorrow, but at least hubby's home too then, so we can try and calm them down together. Wish us luck...

Sadly Little Miss Webmuppet hasn't been well for a few days ( nasty cold and earache :( ) so she spent the entire day in her jim jams & dressing gown slumped on the sofa watching kids tv. While I was in the kitchen sorting out some tea for Mr Webmuppet she disappeared - I found her curled up in our bed fast asleep. I just have to stop Mr Webmuppet from going upstairs when he gets home :roll:

I have dosed her up with kids nerofen. I can't think of anything else to give her for earache. :think:

Mine are excited :dance: My girls are nearly 4, 8, 10 & 12. They were chuffed to bits to learn I'd bought them all new stockings, especially Georgia the youngest. She proudly declared that Father Christmas could put all of her presents in it :lol: I said "don't you think it's a bit small for that?" and she said "no there'll be plenty of room" so I guess she's not expecting much :lol: She's got this thing about Father Christmas being in her bedroom, he's not allowed apparently, so her stocking is hanging on the outside of her bedroom door :lol: Emily lost her stocking last year and instead left out a jug :lol:

They've entertained themselves sledging, helping in the kitchen and tidying their rooms in preparation :D

I have dosed her up with kids nerofen. I can't think of anything else to give her for earache. :think:

When my DD has a sore ear, she takes a warm wheat bag everywhere with her & rests her head on it......not sure if it works medically, but it helps her so that's good enough for me :anxious: ...I hope she gets well soon {{hugs}}

My two are 10 & nearly 13 so beyond the over excited bit.....no doubt they'll get swept along in my nephew's overexcitablility tomorrow though :wink:

Sha x

My kids range from 19 down to 14, so not overly excited :(

When they were all younger they used to put a show on for us on Christmas Eve which was hysterical and then we would have a carpet picnic. Not anymore though, eldest two will no doubt be in the pub, the 16 year old will be round at his friends til all hours and the 14 year old is staying with his mum.

Sadly I don't have a hot water bottle or a wheat bag thingy. If she is still poorly in the morning I will send Mr Webmuppet to get one. I don't know that the 24 hr Tescos would have a wheat bag.

Can you knock up a bag from some fabric........piece of teatowel, hankie, special piece of cotton fabric you've been saving for unknown reasons :roll: .........and fill it with the chooks wheat? That's what I've done & added a few drops of soothing lavender oil too........don't use maize though, she'll end up with corn popping in her ear :anxious: !!

I've made up loads of these as pressies having received one in my Swap Gift...bigger wheat bags and smaller handwarmers....very popular they are proving too :clap: !

Sha x

My kids are 22, 18 and 12 so also not at the hanging from the ceiling age, thank goodness. Mind you last year my eldest was the first one awake and woke the other two up :shameonu: very early.

My YS has been keeping himself occupied by painting his papier mache geography project so excuse me whilst I go and scrub the blue paint off the carpet, walls, bath, sink, bedroom floor etc :roll::wink::D

Me & DD (8) have been to the pantomime this afternoon.......oh yes we have! :lol:

DS (15) never fails to be excited about Christmas - I don't think he'll ever grow out of it! :roll::D

WIth ES (18) you wouldn't even know Christmas was nearly upon us he's that laid back!

They are all on the Wii at the moment so keeping themselves entertained. :D

Well I've just finished work but by the look on my Mum's face when I got in the kids are fairly exited!! :roll: They're 4, 7 and 8 so all at the right age - am off to try and cram in some wrapping before they come home from their Dads as the eldest didn't go to sleep until HALF PAST TEN last night!! :shock::shock: And I cannot start wrapping then - TOO TIRED! Can you imagine what time it will be tomorrow night? I don't even want to think about it! :lol::lol:

BeckyBoo

I'm finding the long morning dog walks are helping mine to keep a bit calmer! Youngest didn't go today so has been climbing the walls :roll: Luckily managed to dig out big bro's old N64 so they are now discovering Mario Kart :lol: Christmas Eve I bundle them into warm coats and we go for a walk round the village to look at all the houses lit up. That seems to help them get to sleep :wink: