Cooks Posted January 7, 2010 Author Share Posted January 7, 2010 thanks Sha tha saves me typing it out thanks for the support everone. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Ouch . I'm glad nothing's broken. Take care (no, I mean it, TAKE CARE ). Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 I think you came online just as I was finishing typing , I didn't see the point in deleting it for you to type it yourself Have the given you more painkillers, exercises, large hospital sized cotton wool ball to wrap yourself in Sha x Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted January 7, 2010 Author Share Posted January 7, 2010 I have this collarand cuff ensemble and painkillers galore .... apparantly on my back theres a whacking great red bruise where I hit it aswell... and she pushed in a few places and I screamed when they touches it. I am just glad it's not broken cos if it feels like this now I would hate to feel what it feels like broken. edited to add, and apparantly crutches are VERY tricky. so wasn't my fault afterall. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Ouch , warm, soothing, healing {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} Sha x Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Ouch Cookie - you need to get a commode hope you feel better soon (((hugs))) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted January 7, 2010 Author Share Posted January 7, 2010 thanks I do feel very beaten today I have to admit, shoulder has taken over foots constant nagging. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Well at least nothings broken, you can do without that Hope it starts to feel better soon! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hillfamily Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Oh Cookie...you poor thing Sending very very very big healing hugs and get better soon wishes xx Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 just caught up with this thread. Hope your shoulder and foot are better soon. sending hugs Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Just logged on for the Cookie update, cant see you so hopefully your catching a few zzz's. Oh dear Cookie, you are in the wars arnt you? Glad nothings broken but still sounds extremely painful, you poor little thing! Well keep yourself warm and as comfy as you can Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 I've just seen this thread - I can't believe you've hurt yourself again!! I hope your shoulder feels better soon. I think you should just hibernate for a few weeks so that you don't damage yourself any further Cookie sends a big slobbery kiss to make you feel better Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 I am so glad nothing is broken or dislocated. Sounds really, really painful though. Bet you're glad to have been pestered by all of us to get it checked out. Get lots of rest and when trying to do things like walk go slowly! Take care x Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Glad you got checked out and it's not dislocated or broken. Still sounds very very painful though Take it easy Cooks and look after yourself. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Only just catching up and i have to admit that I saw this post and though 'what's the daft bird done now' Glad to hear that you're OK-ish though, if I were nearer, I;d be over to help out Take it easy Daft Bird xx Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Would a medically induced coma be a bit extreme to allow you to heal do you think? Seriously, glad your diagnosis isn't any worse and hope you're tucked up safely out of trouble. Gentle hugs. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Take it easy today ((hugs)) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Take care of your self, I always used a walking frame in the house, not crutches, when I broke both legs (had them pinned and plated hospital for 12 weeks before going home) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jenimac Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Glad you got yourself checked. Hope you got some sleep. Perhaps shuffling on your bottom to go to bathroom is best option (not far to fall). Take care. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted January 7, 2010 Author Share Posted January 7, 2010 Only just catching up and i have to admit that I saw this post and though 'what's the daft bird done now' that made me laugh. It does sum me up though. Thanks everyone, your messages have brough tears to my eyes, nice to have this support even if it does cover a lot of miles. I am not sure exactly how long this will take to heal but she said I had to contact my doc to arrange some physio if I didn't have movementg back fully in a about a week.. so here's hoping it's just all bruises and clenched up and once the bruising subsides I will be back to using mymeft arm above the elbow again. but if it is the rotator cuff of whatever its called I know thats an important muscle with movement for the shoulder as I errrrm have injured it before on the same shoulder but in a different area and it took mweeks of physio and steroid injections, hydrotherapy to get right again. so please do me a favour and all wish it isn't that. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dancing cloud Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Here's hoping it all gets better on its own and needs no further intervention Look after yourself - very carefully - and stay out of the snow and ice! Lots of ((hugs)) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted January 7, 2010 Author Share Posted January 7, 2010 and stay out of the snow and ice! I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near the ice when I can fall over so easily IN the house. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TAJ Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 and stay out of the snow and ice! I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near the ice when I can fall over so easily IN the house. Exactly - why bother getting cold in the snow when you can do all that damage in the comfort of your own home in the warm Take care of yourself and let's hope it is much better within the week. Tracy Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 Oh , what ya like??? Glad your okish though. lets hope you do get some movement in it soon and its nothing more serious We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you Cooks, ya barmy thing Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted January 7, 2010 Author Share Posted January 7, 2010 thanks. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...