laurmurf

I've been 'blue badged'

My blue badge arrived today: I'm officially disabled.

It's like a right of passage since my diagnosis of arthritis and is really quite depressing, :( while at the same time the skinflint in me keeps thinking 'well at least i'll get free parking' :roll:

(i even get to cross the Severn Bridge for free... gosh, i better start crossing the Severn bridge more often... from York)

I guess it must feel a bit strange to have it :? But, it won't change who you are compared to who you were before it arrived - just means parking should be a bit less hassle! :D

(When I first glanced at the title of this topic I read "I've been 'blue badgered'" :shock: The mind boggles :roll::lol: )

I've got one. I got mine when I was 30 and I know just how you feel but my goodness, they are a godsend sometimes and so useful to have when you're struggling as they really do make life easier. As Lesley has suggested, I use mine when I have to when I know that walking any further just isn't going to be an option.

When I saw the subject all I could think was 'shes got a Blue Peter Badge' :oops:

:lol:

I thought that too :lol::lol::lol: .

I've seen you on your good days Laurie, but I've seen you on your bad days too, and it's not fair for you to suffer. You still go shopping and drag stuff round for an OH and 4 kids :shock: , you need to be as close as possible when it hurts.

It must have felt like a kick in the *cough* when it arrived, but it doesn't define who you are.

You know i understand all about having labels and being defined by them :wink: , it's hard at first, but i like to think that one size doesn't fit all, certainly not with labels.

You can join my gang, we are couture, not off the rack :wink::lol::lol: .