Sheilaz

Does anybody ever feel ..... Part # 20

Now it is time to fess up..............I popped 6 pekin eggs under Brie, the broody pekin last night........... oh and another 30 eggs in the inccubator

You thinking of giving up the day job Em? :lol:

You have a rest this afternoon PT. :D

I would need to hatch a blooming lot of girls to be able to do that Shirl! :wink:

This latest lot will go to live at my little brothers field share :D

I was in bed reading my book at about 9.30 ish I think... I might start all the true bloods after this one. :whistle:

I used to read a lot, then I got a laptop. :lol:Then you lot came into my life. :lol::lol: Now I'm so shattered with trying keep up with you all, I'm in bed and asleep as soon as the head hits the pillow. :D You should be bottled and sold at the chemist. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: you ahven't seen us all in person yet... :lol::lol::lol::lol:;)

Quite tired today - second day in a row that a blinking pigeon has been cooing outside the window. Actually got up armed with the loft ladder pole to whack it one. No chance the blighter was on the ruddy roof. If it does it tomorrow . . . . anyone got a rifle I can borrow?

More eggs!!!!!! :shock:

Last time I went to the Domestic Fowl Trust with Murray turned out to be the only time. We decided never, ever to go back because it was that bad. Dead carrion in the pens, not sure whether the earth was cracked (very deeply) or whether they were rat runs that had fallen in. All overgrown and small pens. I don't know whether they've sorted themselves out since - it was quite a few years ago now.

Mumsie has been taken back home. I have spent the morning trying to read a paper while she tells me all about Hook Nursery School in the local magazine. Don't know mum, I don't need a nursery school so I don't read about it. She then goes on and on until I'm close to boiling point. Then she talks about people I don't know and I'm still trying to read. I gave up in the end. I have found out that my non-stick saucepan now will have a tendency to stick in future because she scoured it. Arghhhhhhhhhhh! That goes with my nonbutnowsticky frying pan. :wall: Haven't looked in the cupboards or drawers - I must pace myself for treasure hunts. Where's that spoon, why is that cup in there????????? I had a whole week of missing oven gloves. Found them. :roll:

On a lighter note my blueberry plants have turned up and they are in flower - whoohoo. So I shall be planting them later (got the pots and compost and the pine bark last weekend in readiness). Now the bees will have to do their part (one is self pollinating). Looking forward to home grown berries now. The blackcurrants and redcurrants have little green fruits on already. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :drool:

Ummm Em, by my count thats ALL the eggs that you had that you were going to evaluate for placing SOME to hatch.... :lol:

I have chicks hatching today, silver laced dotte didnt make it out but about eight others still in the running, gold Thuringians, Pekins and barred dottes

Another 36 eggs in one inccy and 10 in another :shh:

I have made a decision on the next 2 hens I want :wink:

I want a Croad Langshan and a Welsummer, no prizes for guessing why :lol:

I love the look of Frizzles, but from a practicality basis then no.

Not going to be getting any in a long while (I hope) as I am at capacity at the moment.

But I have made my decision :D

Tasha/Em/Sandie/Lewis - If any of you decide you want to hatch these breeds in the future, then keep me posted :P

Ummm Em, by my count thats ALL the eggs that you had that you were going to evaluate for placing SOME to hatch.... :lol:

I have chicks hatching today, silver laced dotte didnt make it out but about eight others still in the running, gold Thuringians, Pekins and barred dottes

Another 36 eggs in one inccy and 10 in another :shh:

:anxious: I "evaluated" that I had space to fit thirty in the 24 egg inccubator ( i am really good at packing) and that Brie was super flat pancake broody so i would try 6 :anxious:

Poor little silver laced :( Come on other chickies! :pray:

I have made a decision on the next 2 hens I want :wink:

I want a Croad Langshan and a Welsummer, no prizes for guessing why :lol:

I love the look of Frizzles, but from a practicality basis then no.

Not going to be getting any in a long while (I hope) as I am at capacity at the moment.

But I have made my decision :D

Tasha/Em/Sandie/Lewis - If any of you decide you want to hatch these breeds in the future, then keep me posted :P

I think one of the pekin chicks is turning Frizzly...either that or it stuck it's wing into an electric socket.

Errrrmmmm do I get a prize if I guess why a Croad Langshan and Welsummer - what have a missed? :eh:

*wave* :dance::dance: more (hatch) and lots of hatching eggies :)

The forcast doesn't look good for the weekend :( I was hoping it would stay nice as have big plans. I wanted to make a veg plot and plant out our veg and also do modifications to the WIRs. We've decided we're going to make the two runs into one but with a door between the two so i can use the smaller sections for intros or as a sick bay. I won't be getting any new girls until we get back from our holiday at the earliest.

I am off to Stratford Upon Avon on Saturday and if my geography is correct The Domestic Fowl Trust is just down the road. Has anyone been? Is it worth the trip?

Not that I've heard :? Have bought bits from there + have always been good, though :D

More (hatch)?!?! :mrgreen:

Good choices Debs :wink: Hilary has 2 Welsummer X !eggbrown! 's under her ... but they'll be dinner chickens me thinks ...

Hi Sha :D

Nononono - you are so not getting a Croad Langshan before me! 8.gif

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Want want want. I did get in touch with Heidi and she gave me the names of a couple of people - but I lost them when the computer went kaput. But then I'll get in touch when I'm ready for them.

In the meantime Murray wants to move now because, although it's not a good time - he thinks it is unlikely to get much better. Anyone want to babysit 8 bad girls for me nearer the time? We need to sell our house first (after we've sorted it out), go and live with mum - joyohjoy - find the holding and then sort it out, retrieve the girls who probably will be spoilt rotten and they will hate me, and then move mumsie in and sell her house.

So many chickies I am spinning like a top. :lol: Can you see me? I'm wizzing round and round and round. :lol::lol::lol: Chicks are taking over the world. :dance::dance:

What is a Croad Langshon? :?:eh:

Don't envy you moving house Koojie. Who's mumsie is it yours or OH? That is a very brave thing to do. :wink:

Am I the only one here who only has two chickens ... and at this moment in time STILL only wants those two chickens? :anxious:

Although from a practical basis...because our garden is small so I like them to have a lot of room which is why there's only two :D ... if that makes any sense :lol:

Although from an unpractical basis I'd have a flock of Pekins, half of which would be frizzles, all in different colours. Mwahahaha :angel:

Good luck with all the chicks and hatching :D

Went to the MOSI in manchester today..with some school people..to attend a debate on vaccinations. :wink:

Was better than the nuclear energy one we went to a few weeks ago.

Maths score is in too 78% :P eee, I'm thinking a B but we don't have the grade boundaries yet. Having a B in maths makes me a veeeery happy person, since I despise the subject la la la *skips away*

Have a nice evening guys.x

Well done JJ! :clap: I hated maths at school and I can count on one finger the times I have had to work out the length of the side of a triangle! :lol:

Just been out to the chicks (now living in MY shed) and two of the pekins look like they are going to be Frizzle! :dance: Their itty bitty wing feathers are turning upwards! :P

Edited by Guest