Dizzy-Deb

Slanket.. what do you think of yours ?

Anyone got one or similar product ?

With the unsurprising announcement that the gas/elect suppliers just 'happen' to be increasing their prices in Dec (for the peak months) thinking of getting one or two. :lol::lol::lol:

Be cheaper to snuggle in one of them than keep putting heating on. xx

I love mine!!!!! - I'm sitting in it now :D

We've only got the heating on very low and for two hours a day so getting up before everyone else can be a bit chilly.

Much better than a blanket as it wraps round the back and has the big cowl neck - and sleeves of course :D - no draughts at all, I don't walk around in mine, far too much fabric.

We were looking at them last year for a November birthday and were confused by the different ones on the market. As a family we have bought 4 of them and from 2 different manufacturers, the Slanket is definitely the better quality but they didn't have the colour we needed for the birthday present last year, the colour range may be better now.

I've also seen a very cheap version in one of the major garden centres.........all I can say is you get what you pay for! it was totally inferior and would probably be full of static. I have a problem with static shocks and have never had one from the Slanket.

Once you get used to rolling them you can keep them looking tidy - otherwise, two could take over a whole room :lol: I put mine on the bed, fold the two sides in and then roll tightly - you end up with a neat roll of fleece which doesn't take up much space.

:D:D:D I love my Slanket :D:D:D

Sorry,but I can't see the advantage over a nice long fleecy dressing gown,or am I missing something? :?

Yes, the gaps that appear if you dare to move slightly.............unless it's really long of course!

I have a lovely throw and it's fine for warmer cold nights (yes, that makes sense to me :wink: ) but with hardly any heating on now I prefer the all envelopping warmth of the Slanket.

I'd be scared of tripping over the voluminous hem, especially on the stairs.

I never wear mine for moving around - it stays firmly on the sofa, it's just for when I've settled to read or watch TV.

.....and not all of us are glued to the sofa in them as Clare seems to think :lol: I do still move around and do things......I just don't do them in the Slanket :lol: .....and if I'm moving I'm warm anyway so no point really.

We threw our Slankets out (or rather they were sent to an alternative home).

Most evenings are spent getting up and down doing dinner or other things - and trying to disengage from the slanket each time was just not practical, and they are so vast that they always looked like a mess wherever they were put - so out they went!

We use nice warm fleecy dressing gowns, and a couple of blankets are normally kept on the back of sofa for when needed :D

I'm with the fleecy dressing gown brigade here, I won't be investing in a slanket.

I love my fleece dressing gown, it's about three sizes too big and the cuffs are permanently turned up as the arms are too long. I had it on throughout September when it was chilly and I refused to put the heating on. The meter reader called and I answered the door in it, fully dressed underneath of course, but he checked the meter so quickly and didn't even turn to say goodbye as he ran out of the door :lol: !