susanbb

Flying the Flag

I can't believe i let you lot talk me into watching this :shock: Now I remember why I stopped watching it years ago - the voting! Why they call it Eurovision, I don't know! :shock::?

I can't believe I've just wasted 3 hours - when I don't have 3 hours spare!!!!

I've told Carl he can take the controls away next year - just to make sure I don't watch it ever again :lol:

I think we should take our lead from the Eastern Bloc countries and enter 4 teams - Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland. Then we can all vote for each other and we won't be so badly off.

I think Ginette's got the right idea, we can all vote for each other! We had a FAB party at the pub - three people saw my shrine to Terry Wogan and asked if he was dead! One person saw it and said "I thought it was someones birthday who looked like Terry Wogan!"

I thought we were fab, Scooch (for all their Scoochness) were ten times better than everyone else, and Terry didn't let us down, alho I thought he was quite restrained this year! :lol:

Thank goodness for Malta! :lol: Right from the beginning of the voting I kept reassuring OH that Malta would give us a few votes and they didn't let us down :D He was getting really wound up about the votes and he doesn't even like Eurovision :roll::lol:

The voting is really funny - I used to have a job dealing with international relations between government departments in the UK and Central and Eastern Europe......good to see things haven't moved on much :lol::lol::lol:

It's all a good laugh though and a very good lesson in how not to take ourselves too seriously :lol::lol::lol: Can't wait until next year...

I think we should take our lead from the Eastern Bloc countries and enter 4 teams - Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland. Then we can all vote for each other and we won't be so badly off.

Just what my bro and I thought last night! But don't forget the Isle of Man and Isle of Wight! We need all the help we can get! :wink:

Are you sure the Scottish would vote for the English? :wink::lol::lol:

Are you sure the Scottish would vote for the English? :wink::lol::lol:

:think::think:

But would England vote for Scotland.......... :?:wink:

That's what I was thinking too Shona :lol:

I think we should refuse to pay for it then we will start getting some votes :lol:

If eastern Europe had to actually fork out all the money there is no way they would enter so many acts :shock:

I am only glad the one with the silver star didn't win as it was really awful :lol: