Jaime

Crocs!

Well I weakened today and invested in a pair of fushia caymans and then got carried away and got some Georgie wellies too :roll::wink:

They are very comfortable - OH a bit dubious though. The wellies are fab as they are short wellies - great for those of us with The Fatted Calf :wink:

Well I weakened today and invested in a pair of fushia caymans and then got carried away and got some Georgie wellies too :roll::wink:

They are very comfortable - OH a bit dubious though. The wellies are fab as they are short wellies - great for those of us with The Fatted Calf :wink:

That's why I like mine Red! - pink ones! :D Goodness knows what the real farmers around here think of me :D

This topic is going to run & run. Perhaps I should split it & make a new topic?

:lol::wink:

PS. Jaime, you def. need some red crocs. They are so comfortable!

P.PS. I have the same number of croc pairs as I do chickens, obviously a double addiction.

:evil: Grrrr! Sheila. Don’t you dare!

Jaime don’t do it! You might think that all you’ll be doing is a buying a pair of colourful, fun, plastic shoes but in fact you’ll be getting drawn into a strange cult. (I’ll be writing to Panorama about this, or possibly Watchclog.) The other Crocs wearers will entice you with promises of comfort and solevation, but tread carefully. It’ll start with one pair. Then you’ll have to get another, because you’ll need a pair for inside and a pair for outside. Then another, because the colours of the first two pairs don’t go with some of your clothes (see Helly Welly and the clash of the yellow wellies with the black trousers :roll: ). Before you know it your life is taken up with these shoes as you accumulate the different models and the different styles in all the different colours, and your pursuit of the pproval of others. And as you gain the approval of the other adherents to Crocs – or “cult members” or “feetans” as they should be called – you accumulate more and more to gain further approval and move up the hierarchy within the cult. Crocs will take all of your money without you realising it.

Meanwhile, you will be wearing a pair of Crocs every minute that you are awake (how soon before we see bed-crocs?) and, because they are made from a petroleum-based plastic (the makers call it a resin, but that’s marketing. At the end of the day, let’s face it, it’s plastic), they are leeching harmful chemicals into the environment, especially your immediate environment, and these are being absorbed into your body causing who knows what future ill effects. And, from looking at what Crocs wearers have already posted, apart from the threat to your physical health, you will quickly go mad (and not in a good way).

In addition, as you walk around in your Crocs friction will cause microscopic particles of plastic to be rubbed off and pollute the environment. These microscopic particles are not biodegradable within a human timescale. They will get into the food chain and continue to leech their harmful chemicals, and they will build up inside the organisms, plants and animals further up the food chain. The consequences of this have not been predicted yet, but they are unlikely to be beneficial.

And, because they are not biodegradable, they will last a very, very, very, very long time. Even after you and your loved ones and their loved ones are gone, your Crocs will still be here: a blight upon the face of the planet.

Is that what you want? Cos that's what'll 'appen.

I think Crocs are rubber and not plastic at all!

And I have found another brilliant use! Crocs are excellent for getting hair off carpets (there's a lot of hair in our house! :roll: ) And if you do that when you're vacuuming you can get really big shocks. I'm not sure why since their rubber - so I'm going down the 'The vacuum cleaner isn't safe' route and OH has to do it! Another comfort Crocs have given me :D

Ok what you up to ere then :wink::lol::lol:

Tis true, you try them and they seem to adhere themselves to your feet. You make promises to your firends and significant other that you'll never go out in public in them. Then one day, whilst picking your new chooks from wernlas, you find you left the house in them and then....you look in your wardrobe at all the shoe boxes and realise the only time they come off and you wear something else is when you are working.

Richard and Jaime run...while you have the chance:wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Croc's you either love em' or hate em'

I called in to Winfields Of Haslingden (In the North!) yesterday and they have huge racks of the things in all the styles and colours and sizes that you Croccies desire.

RED

Apparently according to Terry Wogan, even Lidls sell them. You can also apply to your GP for a pair on the national health if you suffer from poor foot hygeine.

I thought all you "croccies" were mad when I first saw the posts on here ooooh ages ago. Then I thought you were all even madder when I actually saw said items in the flesh, so to speak, even tried them on and thought "no way".

Then I went to Australia in February and they have CROCS SHOPS over there! and hubby & I went in because I explained to him how you all went mad over them and we tried a few pairs on... and a few more....and the flip flops....and before we knew it, we'd bought 2 pairs each exclaiming how brilliantly comfortable they were. It also helped that they were a lot cheaper than in the uk.

I wore mine back all the last day and the journey home (a long time) and didn't want to take them off.

I now know you can wear them with or without socks equally as comfortably and they look good with everything and since I've been back i've bought another pair ( from the well-reccommended jellyegg site) so I can have an indoor & outdoor pair

Both hubby and I have extolled the virtues of these shoes to all our friends and have made new converts.

I now look at all the rest of the shoes in my wardrobe and wonder when I'll wear them again.

I'm also contemplating getting a pair to replace my trusty RHS roses gardening clogs!

So now I don't think you're all mad - even hubby wears his around the house all the time now and he's really difficult to please in the shoe department!

I never thought i'd be writing this............................. :shock:

I thought all you "croccies" were mad when I first saw the posts on here ooooh ages ago. Then I thought you were all even madder when I actually saw said items in the flesh, so to speak, even tried them on and thought "no way".

I never thought i'd be writing this............................. :shock:

Couldn't have put it better myself. :lol:

I now have 3 pairs......2 pairs of Caymans and 1 pair of Mary Janes.

I was walking through Sheffield City centre the other day and a lady stopped me and asked me about them.....she had noticed them in the shops and wondered what on earth they were about. I did the hard sell....and may have persuaded her.

A bit later the Big Issue seller who collared me said that his girlfriend had a pair of fuschia ones. :shock::lol:

So pretty soon Sheffield will be the Crocs centre of Yorkshire.

Everyone at work has been laughing at me but I notice one colleague has got a Sea Foam pair all of a sudden.