rabbitfluff

Frog in Greenhouse

A frog appears to have moved in to my greenhouse. I'm unsure how I feel about this! I have self-watering planter things in there with water reservoirs and handy frog-sized holes for filling, so he's essentially got 3 "ponds" to use should he feel the urge. And judging by the state of my plants, there are presumably plenty of beasties for him to eat.

My question is will he be ok? Should I remove him or leave him to it? I think he must have hopped in through the vent at the back - will he be smart enough to hop back through it should he want to get out? Will he invite his friends round and cause trouble?

I may or may not have named him Derrick.

Have this problem most years in my Mum's greenhouse, she grows tomatoes in growbags and there is invariably at least one frog living between the growbags (seemingly they like the gap where two bags join, I wouldn't have thought there's much space, but I guess it's cool, dark and damp). I'm terrified of frogs so really can't deal with it :shock: , but they seem to move in each year, no-one puts them in there and they always seem to vacate it later in the year so I'm quite sure Derrick is on to a very good thing!!!

He's a bit bandy legged so maybe I should have called him Dave after my dad! It was either Derrick or Trevor and he looks more like a Derrick. (my apologies to anyone called Derek for the somewhat ropey spellage)

I have the sticky yellow card things hanging in there to catch whitefly and I have visions of getting home from work to find a very miffed looking frog adhered to one.

Oooh lucky you. Our old frog (BC) used to have comfrey liquid, seaweed liquid to swim in. It never bothered him at all. Used to make me jump though when he pinged out from under or in the pots! We don't have him now - it's a brave frog that ventures into the garden nowadays.

I have a frog.so surprised and pleased to read other stories of greenhouse dwellers.i bought a bigger plastic style greenhouse and within a week I got a frog move in. Last year I had small tomato shelters on palates, a frog was underneath.that was yellow/green,this one is dark brown. I don't see it every day but do say good morning when I water the plants.😁

• Like 1