Vote on your favourite name for Omlet's new product  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on your favourite name for Omlet's new product

• Scamperpad
    • Nesta
    • Qute
    • Peep
    • Nook

scamperpad is the most popular so far although it is good, i think for omlet i dont think it has the ring to it,

eglu, beehaus and scamperpad?

In present day terms anything with pad makes me think of iPad! I suppose the pad thought of here as home is more 70's and possibly then has a retro theme........agree with you though that it isn't as quirky.

I'm not voting yet none of those name stuck out to me ill have to think it over

I'm not voting yet either. What is the point if they are still open to ideas? The list could be lengthened to include Hamlet and Hamitat :D ......It looks like Nesta and Nook are out given the previous posts.

scamperpad is the most popular so far although it is good, i think for omlet i dont think it has the ring to it,

eglu, beehaus and scamperpad?

I kind of agree, doesn't really have the same flow... but maybe if they just told us it's called the scamperpad, we'd just go with it and like it? I really like hamlet and hamitat 8)8) Well done plum & izzie :D

Seems like they'd get a few votes... *hint* ;)

but looking at those names i think they may be looking for something with out an animal in all together

absolutely. by marketing it with 'hamster' or anything specific in the name, they're reducing their target market. It needs to be catchy and not too species specific, after all it IS for hamsters, gerbils OR mice. not just hamsters.

the only problem i can see with hamlet and hamitat is that it would see like the housing is just for hamsters and if omlet are looking for a larger customer then something less directed to one animal would be best.

However talking about that the eglu is used for ducks, guinepigs, rabbits and quails, so what can i say :)

Yes, the names Hamlet and Hamitat have a more hamster theme but if you buy a hamster, gerbil, mouse etc you buy a cage that is suitable for the animals needs e.g. hamsters enjoy climbing and like height in a cage, whereas gerbils like a larger floor area. I have kept both in the past and I do not think the name would have made a huge difference to a purchase and a hamster type name would not have put me off buying the cage for a gerbil if it fitted the bill.

Mine was a bit corny - Hamlet :roll:

Bluekarin entered a good one ( or half dozen) I'll let her tell you them :D

I loved your one, Plum 8)

Well mine were

Furden (furry den)

Roden (rodent den)

Furrow (furry barrow) (or should be burrow :lol: )

Critterlu

And not one chosen :cry: I don't like any of the ones listed, but if pushed it would probably be scamperpad.

To be honest, I'm not that enthused about any of them, either...

As others have said, Nook is an ebook reader & Nesta is a government agency. Personally, I don't think "Scamperpad" is any good, either.

Of the suggestions, I'd probably go for Qute for the quirky spelling but they're all a bit Nah!

PJ