Alis girls

card with no name!

Every year without fail we get a card with no name in it so dont know who its from. A lovely card from a patient arrived at work yesterday - declaring how wonderful yours truly has been over the years :whistle: but no name - only 7,000+ patients to chose from. One year we had a blank card :lol: and for years before OH and I wed I got one "To Roger and Ali" - my then fiance said "whos Roger?" - I have never dated a Roger so never did find out :wink: Anyone else get a strange card.

I am yet to break the news to my next door neighbour that I am not called Laura which is what she always writes in my Christmas card. Bit awkward considering she's known me now for a good couple of years, been to each others houses for drinks, chat when we see each other outside our houses etc...! Every year I think she'll notice that I sign my card off with Lorna and not Laura :roll: It does make me chuckle though :lol:

One of neighbours insists on calling me Kate, I never feel I can correct her when I see her. I made sure I sent them a Christmas card early on this year, with my name clearly written in it. We had one from them the following day & it was still addressed to Kate :roll:

My real name's Ruth, so not even close

Wonder what "Hamishes" missus thought when her undies didnt arrive :lol: One pt calls me Caroline and told reception she wanted to see Nurse Caroline - receptionist said" we dont have a Caroline here whats she look like?" the patient said I had blonde hair and the receptionist said "oh you mean Alison" you've guessed it pt said " yes thats right Caroline" :notalk:

One of neighbours insists on calling me Kate, I never feel I can correct her when I see her. I made sure I sent them a Christmas card early on this year, with my name clearly written in it. We had one from them the following day & it was still addressed to Kate :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thought your real name would be like Katie, not Ruth! How can you get it so wrong :eh:

We get one delivered through the door every year from Janet and Hugh.... we haven't a clue who they are :anxious: None of our neighbours (to the best of our knowledge) are Janet and Hugh :think:

One of my cousins always signs her card from cousin Julie and then the rest of the families names. Why she feels the need to write cousin Julie I have no idea :lol:

She won't realise the other card is from you, as she doesn't know you as Ruth. Next year send it from " Ruth ('Kate') " and she might realise.'

:lol: this made me laugh.

Every year I get a card from an old friend who I worked with in London... over 20 years ago now. We have seen each other since and she knows that I was divorced 12 years ago, she also knows The Boy's name... so why does she persist in sending me a card with my ex' name on it? I used to think that perhaps she had his name in her address book, so kept sending cards with the correct name on it. I've given up now and stopped sending cards to them; they're not on t'internet so I can't exactly drop her a friendly email putting her right and apart from Christmas we don't hear from them.

She won't realise the other card is from you, as she doesn't know you as Ruth. Next year send it from " Ruth ('Kate') " and she might realise.'

She gets hubby's name right & all the boys, so I signed the card with all our names and our house number. There's only about 14 houses in our street & we're the only ones with 3 young children. There's obviously just no hope :roll::lol:

Every year, without fail, my Dad gets a card with a really long message in it about what the sender has been up to. I forget who it is addressed to but my Dad has lived there for 20 years, the person it is addressed to is not even the person he bought the house from so I have no idea how long ago this person even lived there. It is such a shame as they never put their address so we can't even write and tell them.

I used to work for a publishing company and we used to get a really nice card, thanking all of the staff for their help but with no name. It was like a specially designed artist's card, they were always really beautiful. One year we even put an appeal in the magazine asking if the sender would let us know who they were but they never did.

In some ways it would be nice if people but their addresss on the envelope or in the card as then you could send it back. YS got 3 identical cards from the same girl in his class - hes only 10 so dont think she fancies him :think: but alas they start young these days - i did this thread just to see how common a problem this is - obviously very common and intrigued by Eglutynes post - tell us more :wink:

I got a lovely card today for a daughter. The mum has obviously got the wrong address (there was no town on the envelope only street and county) It made me quite sad as it was so nice and I felt really bad as 'Sue' wasn't going to get her card. I don't have my parents anymore and was about to take a wreath to put on their grave so it made me feel even sadder :cry: .

i did this thread just to see how common a problem this is - obviously very common and intrigued by Eglutynes post - tell us more :wink:

I've mentioned them many a year and there are several threads on them. :lol:

here's one

We haven't had a card from them yet this year, and didn't get one last year as far as I can remember. :lol: 'Appen they are stalking me on the forum and have given up waiting for a card from us.

However ... we have had one from 'Marilyn' this year, she's spelled my name and our surname incorrectly and neither of us know a Marilyn. Well, a former neighbour was called Marilyn, but somehow I don't think it will be her. :lol: :lol: It isn't her hand writing in any case.

Just read it Eglutyne - before my time - intrigueing - janice and Douggie are quite elderly names arent they - I dont know any Janices and Douggies younger than 50 if I;m honest - could be a joker or some diligent soul who goes thro their address book every year - but how have they got your names. Let us know when you get this yrs :lol: Apologies to any J and D's under 20 yrs of age :D

I'm wondering if a lot of this is down to people using old fashioned address books - my mother used to have (and probably still does) a book with lists of folks who sent cards, their details and when she sent them cards. Every year she'd go through the cards and note who had or hadn't sent one. I am guessing that if the details in this book are wrong or not corrected, then they will just stay that way.

i did this thread just to see how common a problem this is - obviously very common and intrigued by Eglutynes post - tell us more :wink:

I've mentioned them many a year and there are several threads on them. :lol:

here's one

We haven't had a card from them yet this year, and didn't get one last year as far as I can remember. :lol: 'Appen they are stalking me on the forum and have given up waiting for a card from us.

Ooo that's a bit scary :shock: Have they made contact with you on the forum?