Old Speckled Hen

Has anybody moved to Wales?

We always wanted to move to Wales but DH has found that because he works in sales and can't speak Welsh he has no chance. Which is fair enough, if we moved to France we would be expected to speak French

My parents have a house, and will be living in Mid Wales when they move back from overseas. They are retired though so no need for the language even though they both have a basic grasp. Mum had lessons and Dad went to Welsh speakng school.

I can't wait take the children and spend long summers with them and a jaleous of anyone who does get to move there. It is our retirement plan too

Well,

We have had an offer accepted on a small cottage with 4 acres (1 acre garden and 3 acres of wildflower meadow/pond/veggie garden :)

It's 10 miles from the coast at Aberaeron.

Hopefully we should be in end July which gives us time to re-carpet possibly and repaint where needed before we get the furniture out of store. That will leave the chooks to move and finally the bees when the supers come off.

Phew....wish us luck :)

I'm welsh and would love to move back as we could get so much more house and land for or money But

employment hasn't been great there for the past few year and with OH having two sons we decided to wait until

the oldest was at uni before going for it.

I think middle - South is more affluent than north( or it was) :think: