soapdragon

What Do You NOT Want To Find Under The Tree?

I had thought that I was easy to buy for but, having read some of the other posts I agree I'd not want smellies (unless Neal's Yard or similar aditive free) candles (unless soy wax or similar) knick knacks (have too many already) a Kindle (LOVE books!) or anything with instructions (if its not blatantly obvious how to operate something I give up - hence my afinity with the corkscrew!)

My dad once bought my mum a step stool; she was not impressed. It seems that Christmas is a time when people buy others things that they think the others need/should have without thinking things through - maybe the red mists come down and desperation sets in! I admit to being guilty of this on occasions!

At lease the charity shops do well in January - I love ''doing the rounds' after Christmas! :lol:

I think I'm pretty safe - I rarely get much under the tree :roll: . I don't do smellies or anything girly and my boys are pretty hopeless anyway, so I suspect I'll get chocolates and possibly a book or two.

I quite like this quote which came from an article posted on Facebook by one of my colleagues:

Bake them a cake, write them a poem, give them a kiss, tell them a joke, but for god’s sake stop trashing the planet to tell someone you care. All it shows is that you don’t.

I went to a little mulled wine and mince pies party last night and the sweet hostess gave each guest a tiny wee item wrapped in tissue paper - mine was a little key ring - some others had a little decoration for their tree. Nothing would have cost more than a fiver but each item somehow had the recipient in mind. That's what I'd like Christmas giving to be like. Then I would not worry about money being wasted and if I didn't like the thing would not feel guilty if I popped it down to the charity shop (Actually I love my key ring which compared animals to chocolates because one can't stop :lol: )

Cheapo perfume, trainers, baseball cap, packet of fags ( Chav kit), pointsettia ( bleurgh), a baby!

Oh & anything JML, especially those shower feet things. :roll:

I'd love a onesie!! 8)

Emma.x

I think you can rest assured you're unlikely to receive any of those, particularly the fags and the baby! :lol:

I know what you mean about the JML shower feet, the thought makes me totally shudder.

Do not want a 'onesie' (not even for the comedy value!)

Or chocolate (I'm fussy)

Or smelly things (mostly allergic)

Or a pack of 4 pairs of rubber gloves (one of last year's gifts; perhaps i should do more housework, but really..)

Or anything else in a size 10 (flattering, perhaps, but I've not been a size 10 since I was about 12)

Or anything for the shower. I don't own a shower

But should someone give you an unwanted slanket i'll happily take it off your hands - can't wrest mine from the cat since it got chilly! :lol:

Hmmmm Let's see....

Thorntons chocolates bleurgh!!!!!

Magnolia toiletries

Anything that is not personal, ie for the kitchen!! No no no.

Other than hat I think I am pretty happy with most things and happy to even receive a present from people in these difficult times.