soapdragon

What Do You NOT Want To Find Under The Tree?

I think that I am relativley easy to buy for but I would be really dispointed with:

A 'Onesie' - I wore loads of these aged 0 - 2 years and don't want to look like a giant Telletubbie (however you spell it! :oops: )

Anything to do with sport - My daily Wii Fit sessions are torture enough :wall:

DIY Stuff (unless it included Nick Knowles,with or without wet suit!) - Any DIY I have ever done has involved paying someone else loads of money to do again/repair :roll: !

That said, I'd be grateful for just about anything else!

Is there anything that anyone would really not want and why?

Anything house related that I haven't specifically asked for (and I haven't specifically asked for anything!). I mentioned a few weeks ago that a handheld vacuum would be useful and OH said "Oh, I could get you one for Christmas" :evil: One year he bought me a steriliser. Yes, I was pregnant, but c'mon, really? A steriliser?! :roll::lol:

A book by Nigela Lawson. The very thought of being an 'ideal housewife' brings me out in a cold sweat :lol:

Agree with Cinnamon about ornaments but not because of other people's taste, more because I have so many already they cover just about any available shelf :oops:

Clothes of any kind - this is where my taste seems to differ wildly from anyone else's especially from any man in my family from my own OH to my sister's OH. :talk2hand: to high heels, short skirts, black or red underwear, tights with holes all over them and leather trousers - all in my view as bad as a onesie or a slanket :lol:

Any form of technology e.g. mobile, iPad, Kindle because I really do like to choose my own to suit my particular preferences.

Am I hard to shop for? Rather think I might be :oops: Actually I'd be quite happy with nothing more than the odd small thing for my chooks or my dogs.

Great thread!

Actually, I wouldn't mind a onesie - for indoor/private wear only, this house is so flippin' cold I think it would be quite cosy! I'm usually to be found in my fleecy pyjamas and full-length dressing gown if I'm not expecting visitors.

Please, Father Christmas, if you love me at all ... don't leave me any chocolates. I can't resist them, and there is always so much food at Christmas that I don't need any encouragement to gorge myself.

The worst ever present has to be when my (now ex) husband bought me the 'A Question of Sport' game. He actually wanted it himself, so he wrapped it up and gave it to me. I was not amused.

Ooops!! :lol:

Body lotion. I don't really use it much and I have pots and pots stacked up ready to be used up.

Maybe we should start an unwanted xmas pressie swap in the new year! :lol:

Isn't that what school tombolas are for? :wink: My grandchildren are obsessed with the things and collect all sorts of tat before 'winning' the bottle of Schloer apple juice :roll::roll: We have to keep it all ready for the next collection....some things reappear every time!

I'd hate to find a Kindle. Mr Griffin has mentioned it a number of times and I cannot express strongly enough how much I love books and would hate not to hold a book, smell it's pages etc. I like Thorntons chocolates but am very fussy about which ones, if he buys me anything but Continental again I will scream. Smellies too, I know what I like and I buy it when I want, a few people know what I like but I'm sick of his famly wasting their money on stuff I hate.