Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Lovely photos @mullethunter. Perhaps scatter some wild flower seeds on it when you mow in Autumn?

There are some things we find we can't do without here. Having not been to England for 4 years now our supplies of PG Tips will run out in a few months. You can get them in a few supermarkets, but at €4 for 40!  Good news is Amazon France are now selling them, albeit at twice the UK price. Having also run out of tins we now make our own mushy peas and have just found a better tasting version (we think) of Heinz Baked Beans, so anyone coming on a camping holiday need not bring any. You can find the original here in a few places with a British food shelf, but for €1.60 a tin. Pop into a supermarket called Carrefour and buy 'Haricots Blancs à la tomate'; €0.65 for a 400g. 

• Like 1

I am seriously impressed, you had enough tea to last 4 years?!

I went through my own tea crisis in January, eventually buying some loose leaf direct from the Azores!  However, common sense has prevailed and after trying every tea under the sun I have now settled on 3 bags in a pot for 2 people from Lidl, which is cheap for everyday use, and there is a brand called Ahmad which is packed in London, costs maybe 2.50 euro for 25 for 'best' and is available from Auchan, so you might get it in France as well.

Having been locked down and unvaccinated for what seems like ever, we have had 3 social engagements (outside) in a week!

Went to Marlborough yesterday on the way to FIL and Step MIL in Devizes....as always took the opportunity to trawl the charity shops. In the Dogs Trust charity shop, next to a little table with hand sanitizer and 'Hands, Face, Space, sign there was a seperate sign saying 'Keep 7 chiuauas apart'. Well, it tickled me!

Oh, and in spite of charity shops only ever having clothes in 2 sizes (too big and too small) I got a brand new Seasalt linen Coach House dress for £12!!! Result!

As you probably know the G7 summit is being held in west Cornwall this weekend. On a 15 mile journey along the main dual carriageway through the county this morning I passed 20 police vans from all over the country, 8 police cars and any number of police motorcyclists! And I thought they were all already here.

Good weekend to be a criminal anywhere that’s not Cornwall I reckon!

Edited by mullethunter

It hasn’t happened in ages either… the speed with which the water rose was unbelievable. 
Can’t imagine the loss and devastation.

Over here they are evacuating cities and villages along the Rhine and Maas, because the water has to go somewhere and the rivers are predicted to rise to extremes.

Talking of bunnies. Whilst streaming INSIDE the chicken enclosure we today disturbed a leveret. Now we know that mummy hare will reject them if touched by humans, so we left it alone. But that explains why the chickens have been giving the alarm call for no apparent reason over the last few days. The previous ones met their end from our terrier, but this one should be quite safe if it stays inside until it is able to sneak out through the netting, avoiding the electric lines, then find cover at the far end of the field which we have set aside for just such an event.

There are no rabbits here. The ground is so hard digging tunnels is impossible.

Lucky you Beantree, hares are so beautiful.  For a while I lived on an arable farm and we had hares playing on the lawn just outside the window, which was just lovely.  Unfortunately sometimes there was also illegal hare coursing on the other side of the farm and the police had to be called.

I am also allergic to bunny fur, my understanding is that it is superfine so can irritate susceptible noses/eyes quite easily.  Recently I read that lockdown has led to a lot of unwanted rabbits because people didn't realise how hard they can be to look after, biting cropped up a lot.