Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

8 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

I think Bradley Walsh and son visited The Netherlands on the first show they are doing now.

They climbed some massive climbing wall that you have ( I think I have the right country )

I did look for you @Cat tails when they got to the top, but I couldn't see you waving.

I’m not really the climbing wall type... 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you all so very much for my birthday wishes 😊

This was my first Lockdown birthday and I had a wonderful day - even if it was in school.

I took my phone, which I don't usually do, and showed all of the children in my little class, my new chicks. They really liked them. They asked so many questions about them.

At breaktime, the children hummed me Happy Birthday and one of them who has Down's showed me how to sign it - she was fab - my signing skills were rubbish though.

A bit of a chilly day but so beautiful to see some sunshine.

Hubby had the fire on for when I got home and then we phoned our local pub and ordered some dinner, perfect.

Thanks again x 

• Like 4

Yes, I had that before so I tend to do the usual emojis, but they tend to make the page jump and I have to scroll to get back to the comment section.  I did mention it but that doesn't seem to happen to others and I think it was Mark? dunno who it was, said nope, it doesn't happen elsewhere.  Annoying though.  I do think the old system was way better.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Yes, I had that before so I tend to do the usual emojis, but they tend to make the page jump and I have to scroll to get back to the comment section.  I did mention it but that doesn't seem to happen to others and I think it was Mark? dunno who it was, said nope, it doesn't happen elsewhere.  Annoying though.  I do think the old system was way better.

@soapdragon means the reaction emoticons to other peoples messages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soapdragon said:

I've just been told by The Forum that I cannot add any more likes, thanks, sads or smileys today! Has anyone else had this? Seems odd to ration emojis!

I think you are allowed so many in maybe 24 hours or something.

I had "liked" quite a few things one night and was surprised it had let me get away with so many.

I came on here the next day and went to "like" some more and I got a couple in but that was it.

A similar thing happens when you send PM's - once you have sent one you have to wait a good few minutes before you are allowed to send another one - it makes it quite frustrating from a swap point of view when you want to tell everyone their details.

12 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

OOOOh, Happy Birthday Cat Tails! Hope you have a lovely day with 🎂 and 🍹....perhaps those new girls were a birthday present!?

Birthday present to myself! 😂

12 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

And well spotted Luvvie! How did you do that?!

Magic! 😉

58 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

Happy Birthday @Cat tails

Hope you a wonderful day with your new chooks and they keep you hentertained !!!

Thank you! ❤️

Having been stymied as far as Tesco deliveries go and repeatedly only able to get a 5 till 9 flexi saver on a Thursday, I decided to adopt a different approach to booking. Instead of logging on at 7am and having 5pm to 9pm as the earliest slot to book, I was up for the loo in the early hours and popped downstairs to log on hoping to get an earlier delivery......the only available slot at 1.46am, was , yes, you guessed, the 5pm to 9pm. WHAT! I understand that slots are released at mid night so how is it that, at 1.46am, I can only get a 5pm to 9pm!!!??? At least I have a slot, and for that I am grateful,  but I just cannot see how they book up so quickly! Anyone else had similar frustrations with booking slots?

Until we got on their Priority Slot list, we used to go on at 11.15, and sit there automatically refreshing the page until the ‘queue ‘ opened at 11.50 pm.   We usually got access to the slot about 12.15.   If we didn’t get it by 12.20 am we knew we’d missed it for that day.   But that was right at the beginning of lockdown.  I have to say they are marvellous with us on the Priority List. 

Have you tried Iceland?  I used them several times before we got on the Tesco list.  They were very good.