Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

On 8/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, soapdragon said:

Why is it that the application of suncream on a beach immediately results in the almost magnetic attraction of every grain of sand within 2 yards to the applied areas thus turning one into a human emery board? Just asking! 

Whilst we may refer to clay soil, sandy soil, peaty soil and so on, the fact remains that any sod of earth will contain larger grains as well as smaller ones. Those larger grains - the sandy bits if you will - tend to be less susceptible to binding together, so tend to remain as loose particles that can therefore stick to any nearby adhesive surface. This phenomenon is well known through the work of Professor Murphy and, given both his name and his research into soil dynamics, is commonly referred to either as Sod's Law or Murphy's Law.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone noticed how many guys on TV of all ages have beards? Trying to follow a Spanish crime drama on Netflix and couldn't them apart. I am married to a bearded man and both sons fluctuated from being hairy faced to clean shaven. All the soaps have hairy faced actors( men only) seems yo be fashion and more since lock down. 🧔

On On a lighter note , looking thro poultry  suppliers for Herts clicked on one site to find chucks for sale and also toys for the bedroom ( for humans not hens) . 🙄 needless to say thou tempted decided would try elsewhere. Cant find it now but does exist as OH quipped " ooh er missus" and did his best Sid James snigger. Never thought keeping hens could get quite so racey. 

• Thanks 1

Reminds me of when ES was born and I was looking for a sling to carry him in. Someone reccomended one but couldn't recall the exact name......only that they thought it was called Big Mama. In my innocence I Googled Big Mama.............BIG mistake! Very broadminded and inventive, those Scandanavians!

• Haha 1

Years ago when ES was in primary school they had just had computers. My son was about 8 and one day when collecting him the headmistress came rushing over pink faced and flustered. It appears my son had accessed a site with a lot of nude activity etc and had had the sense to alert the teacher . He seemed non the worst for his accidental  delving into such a site. I asked what he had typed in and was told " star wars"😳 mind boggles. 

YS (12) has a wobbly tooth. When he said how annoying it is I reminded him that the tooth fairy would be paying a visit. He gave me 'one of those looks' and proceeded to drop the bombshell that the tooth fairy doesn't exist. He then went on to rubbish both Father Christmas AND the Easter Bunny. I am beyond devastated to find that it's all a myth!