Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I wasn't actually aware of this till now!  However, at the end of the day it all comes off and they are as nature intended. What's the point? At the risk of sounding old and grumpy (which, no doubt, I am!) I think that these reality programmes have to take a lot of the blame for this kind of thing as they seem to project the image of 'perfection' and these numpties seem to think that they have to measure up!. It's incredibly shallow and these people must be so insecure - I do wonder about their precarious mental state!

2 hours ago, patsylabrador said:

Am I the only person who doesn't know that girls are using prosthetic putty on their faces as part of their daily make-up routine. I say girls, maybe boys as well. They alter their jawline, their noses, their foreheads, their cheekbones. It must feel gross and it seems sad and a little mad. 

Um - no 😳 That’s just weird - I’d feel like I was lying to everyone all day long.

I wonder if, when they marry or live with someone, then that person sees them first thing in the morning.  What a shock for that other person!  Hahahahaha!  I shouldn't laugh but - imagine the shock of seeing your child born having different features - you'd suspect some naughty goings on!  Oh well at least they aren't having surgery . . . yet.

Edited to add - it could be fun if you want to go to a fancy dress and look like an alien or something like the creature from the black lagoon!

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1

Just now, Valkyrie said:

I wonder if, when they marry or live with someone, then that person sees them first thing in the morning.  What a shock for that other person!  Hahahahaha!  I shouldn't laugh but - imagine the shock of seeing your child born having different features - you'd suspect some naughty goings on!  Oh well at least they aren't having surgery . . . yet.

It’s a bit like that Asian couple, of whom the wife had extensive surgery, but didn’t tell her husband. There was no denying the kids though! 
image.jpeg.9ad2f217be27c11b3befa359830c0aa9.jpeg

• Haha 1

Going back to the virus and as someone convinced they had it in Jan with similar symptoms to you Valkyrie I was gutted when tested with no antibodies 10 days ago. No body at were positive. Still seeing some pts and boss was knee deep in Corona pts proving PPE works. We are doing a little more social distancing outside with friends. Driving up to see aunt this weekend for one night. I still wear mask and gloves when shopping. Sneezed into mask today in Tesco🙄 and no one ran for cover. 

Now this putty stuff wher do I buy to fill cracks on my face? With my hot sweats would slide off. 🙂☺️☺️

• Haha 1

I think we all live to believe we already had it. I had a student with an awful cold in school after midterm in February. After a week of sneezing all over the place, I eventually got a cold too. And the kid casually mentions that they went on a skiing trip to Austria and his dad was in isolation at home for a week! My mouth dropped open! And I got him send home.

But the Dutch blood bank is still only registering antibodies with 4% of the population.

Yes, we were surprised when son who is EMT came back negative. Apparently the body doesn't always make antibodies if it doesn't need to. It raises a lot of questions like is it not all that contagious after all or not that dangerous after all? There's also another way the body protects itself by neurons or something? I can't remember what. Maybe the antibodies weren't needed if the body was fighting it off successfully. I hope we get some answers soon. 

I looked on Amazon and you can get false bottoms and everything. A bit like a bustle but hidden in the pants. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cat tails said:

It’s a bit like that Asian couple, of whom the wife had extensive surgery, but didn’t tell her husband. There was no denying the kids though! 

Not true. That photo was used for a plastic surgery clinic where the children were photoshopped to make them look ugly. 

Source

• Thanks 1

My mum had to fly out to Australia a few days ago to deal with a family emergency. Everyone who arrives in Australia from overseas must spend two weeks in a quarantine facility (which is being run by the army). We were all expecting some dingy hostel or student dorms... Nope! She has been put up in a 5 star hotel in the centre of Sydney! The only downside is that every person there is limited to one bottle of wine a day! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Geoid said:

My mum had to fly out to Australia a few days ago to deal with a family emergency. Everyone who arrives in Australia from overseas must spend two weeks in a quarantine facility (which is being run by the army). We were all expecting some dingy hostel or student dorms... Nope! She has been put up in a 5 star hotel in the centre of Sydney! The only downside is that every person there is limited to one bottle of wine a day! :lol:

Only one?! That's outrageous! 

On 6/21/2020 at 8:01 PM, The Dogmother said:

.....Faith in folks restored. Karma will bite the bum of the youth who saw the accident, laughed and walked on by.

I'm having a wonderfully amusing morning envisaging a set of circumstances that could result in that youth colliding with a traffic sign in such a way as to bite off a strip of skin from his hairy backside in karmic payback.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, patsylabrador said:

Another night of rioting, sorry I mean partying, sorry I mean largely peaceful protests in London last night. I'm a fan of the Riot Act personally. Swift justice and harsh penalties. 

Yes spray them with the dye used Somewhere else and then as takes a while to wash off can charge them all at later date!   The Glasgow incident was really bad Too and I am glad they shot him as if he killed two and injured The rest why should the taxpayer pay To keep him in food for the next however many years!   The country has gone mad.   Is it lockdown mania?

In the summer when the doors are open the chicken walks into the extension and calls to be walked to bed. She runs away unless we've been to the garage fridge to collect a snack then she'll walk or demand to be carried to bed. This evening however I found her standing by the garage fridge waiting. I honestly had no idea that chickens are so thinky. 🐔 🤔 

• Haha 2

Fudge won't go to bed unless she has some hanky panky - which is basically me giving her a back rub and a pat on the floof. :roll: She shakes herself and off she goes to bed!  She's broody at the moment.  Persistently so, now 3 weeks in the sin bin - what is wrong with that bird!!!!!  But I don't get let off lightly - Fizz has started doing it too, so it was double hanky panky until recently.  When I was away, Fudge demanded my OH do the back rub bit and he said it was sooo embarrassing!:lol:  I said nobody saw and she went to bed a happy little birdie!  Although I think she might be getting fed up with these last 2 days of not as hot as it was weather!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1